Cannot delete Mail or move mail

Post by toonanimato » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 07:53:59

I have an email from postmaster that I cannot open or delete on a users box.
They have administrative rights on the network and so do I.
I have Exchange 2000 SP3.

Any ideas?

P.S. I cannot drag and drop the message to another folder.

Cannot delete Mail or move mail

Post by Martin Blackstone [MVP - Exchange » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 08:04:40

Any error messages?

Quote:> I have an email from postmaster that I cannot open or delete on a users
box.
> They have administrative rights on the network and so do I.
> I have Exchange 2000 SP3.

> Any ideas?

> P.S. I cannot drag and drop the message to another folder.

1. Cannot Delete E-mails in Delete Mail Box

Using Exchange 5.5, reformatted my drives and used XMERGE to copy all mailbaoxes
back to system.  The problem is when a user has amased serveral e-mail in thier
delete bin, and when they exit Outlook, the message is are you sure you want to
Delete all message in you Delete file, by answering yes.  The server attempts to
delete those e-mails.  This runs for several minutes and then stops responding.
The e-mails are not deleted from their folders.

This also happens when trying to copy group od e-mails from one folder to
another, it attempts the command then stops responding.

Has anyone had this happen and what is the fix for this?

Thanks

2. OL2000 exporting info service from one pc to another

3. HELP:why moving mails or deleting mails so slowly

4. Outlook Message: How to detect if it's being sent RIGHT NOW???

5. Out of office....

6. can't install forms

7. cannot delete more than 1 e-mail from client of an exchange 5.5

8. Cannot delete E-mails in Outlook

9. cannot delete more than 1 e-mail from client of an exchange 5.5

10. Cannot delete Mail from Inbox after DB repair

11. I cannot delete more tha one e-mail in outlook