OWA and time outs

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 05:14:28

>Does anyone know if OWA in Exchnage 5.5 has a timeout.
>Our CEO logs in everthing works ok. Then he lets the
>browser sit for say 20 minutes and OWA prompts him to log
>in again.

>Any thoughts?

IIS has a session timeout of 20 minutes. OWA let's a logged on user be
idle for 60 minutes (I think).

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

OWA and time outs

Post by Andy David [MVP » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 05:53:03

You got it Toyota.
Timeouts can be adjusted if necessary:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;173497&

> >Does anyone know if OWA in Exchnage 5.5 has a timeout.
> >Our CEO logs in everthing works ok. Then he lets the
> >browser sit for say 20 minutes and OWA prompts him to log
> >in again.

> >Any thoughts?

> IIS has a session timeout of 20 minutes. OWA let's a logged on user be
> idle for 60 minutes (I think).

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. OWA times-outs with XLS and DOC Attachments

We are having a strange problem:

We have 100 offices using OWA (Outlook web access) to read
and send email. 99 of them work fine.

One office has a problem with accessing MS Word and MS
Excel attachments in email. We have done many tests and
can find no network problem to explain this. Users at this
office have no problem with any other type of attachment.
When a user at this office gets an excel attachment and
they try to access it, it access times out after 7 mins.
We are doing Network Monitor traces, they show the
workstation making requests that are not being serviced by
the server for the attachment access. All other access
like pings are working fine during and after the
attachment transfer timeout.

Thanks

2. Multiple users on one PC using Exchange 5.0

3. BETA: Changing the default time-outs for OWA Cookie auth

4. Removing a server from a site

5. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

6. SPAM - Routing Restrictions - Relay mail

7. E2K SMTP Time outs like Exchange 5.5?

8. Email field in Detailed List - Public Folder

9. Message Time outs

10. Dial up time-outs

11. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

12. Server time outs

13. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge