Setting limits on Multiple mailboxes

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm trying to setup mailbox limits in my organization.  I've set limits,
>using a csv file export/import, on the message size.  But, I can't
>figure out what to add for the Mailbox limits.

Hmm.. "DXA Task" I think.... build the csv file using header.exe off
the Exchange CD, much easier than trying to remember the field names.

--
Chris Scharff
Senior Systems Consultant

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>I'm trying to setup mailbox limits in my organization.  I've set limits,
>using a csv file export/import, on the message size.  But, I can't
>figure out what to add for the Mailbox limits.

These are the three properties you're looking for:

  Issue warning storage limit
  Prohibit send storage limit
  DXA-Task

Don't ask how DXA-Task came to be used for the prohibit send and
receive storage limit. Just accept the fact that it's the one you want
to use.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Setting limits on Multiple mailboxes

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>I'm trying to setup mailbox limits in my organization.  I've set limits,
>using a csv file export/import, on the message size.  But, I can't
>figure out what to add for the Mailbox limits.

Drat.

I forgot to tell you that you must also set the "Use IS defaults"
property to zero (0) if you set any of the other three values.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Setting limits on Multiple mailboxes

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>>I'm trying to setup mailbox limits in my organization.  I've set limits,
>>using a csv file export/import, on the message size.  But, I can't
>>figure out what to add for the Mailbox limits.

>Hmm.. "DXA Task" I think.... build the csv file using header.exe off
>the Exchange CD, much easier than trying to remember the field names.

Yeah, but DXA-Task is still gonna be DXA-Task. Header.exe doesn't make
it any clearer. :P

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

have said:

>>>I'm trying to setup mailbox limits in my organization.  I've set limits,
>>>using a csv file export/import, on the message size.  But, I can't
>>>figure out what to add for the Mailbox limits.

>>Hmm.. "DXA Task" I think.... build the csv file using header.exe off
>>the Exchange CD, much easier than trying to remember the field names.

>Yeah, but DXA-Task is still gonna be DXA-Task. Header.exe doesn't make
>it any clearer. :P

OK.. I admit to having set up a mailbox with a bunch o options set and
then using a csv file with every header I could find to export data
and see what was what... I then changed a few things to try and figure
out what they sticky bits I couldn't guess at were. :)

--
Chris Scharff
Senior Systems Consultant

1. Setting mailbox limit

Remove both properties from the property list for that recipient. "No
Limit" means the limits aren't present.

Deliv-Cont-Length is the LDAP name for "Incoming message size limit",
while the "Incoming-Msg-Size-Limit" is a Schema object used for some
other purpose (I don't know off-hand what objects use that ibject).

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

2. Information stores dount mount on reboot

3. SMTP/MAPI Virus Solutions

4. How to set mailbox limit per script?

5. Installing Multiple Exchange servers

6. setting up mailbox size limit

7. Font's in Exchange2000

8. Mailbox size limits are set but not working

9. Help! Exchange user mailbox limited setting invliad

10. Setting mailbox size limits

11. Standard mailbox limit settings?

12. Setting Mailbox size limits by group