Store rebuild

Post by Shayn » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:40:23

Hi,
Has anyone had to rebuild their store?
I am told I may have some corruption and may need to rebuild mine.
could I get some insight on this from some of you.
as to how and what tools work best?

any help is appreciated
Thanks
Shayne

Store rebuild

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 05:05:08

How about you tell us the whole story, so that we can give sensible
answer?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Store rebuild

Post by Shayn » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 05:47:00

What is to tell??
I have a possible corrupted priv store, and need to do rebuild to rule it
out.
so if people have done the restore, I would like to know what tools were
used.
and possibly some insight on how they did it and the results.

Shayne

> How about you tell us the whole story, so that we can give sensible
> answer?

> > Hi,
> > Has anyone had to rebuild their store?
> > I am told I may have some corruption and may need to rebuild mine.
> > could I get some insight on this from some of you.
> > as to how and what tools work best?

> > any help is appreciated
> > Thanks
> > Shayne

> --
> Corrections are welcome.

> For "Good post" practice visit
> http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> Kirill.

Store rebuild

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 12:54:41

> What is to tell??
> I have a possible corrupted priv store, and need to do rebuild to rule it
> out.

You need to _diagnose_ problem first. Then you can built, rebuilt, restore,
whatever.

What are the symptoms?

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Store rebuild

Post by Shayn » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:40:11

I have read the white pages on Exchange, I have read the disaster recovery
pages as well.
I read up on corrupt database repairs. and wanted to know how it went for
other people that did the repair, and if they used other tools than ESEUTIL,
essentially I wanted to see what options there where for repairing a
pirv.edb.

I have a corrupt priv.edb, but before I go repairing I was checking about
the options, if any out there.

I did my offline backup and ran eseutils to repair the db.
all is good now.

Thanks all
Shayne

> What is to tell??
> I have a possible corrupted priv store, and need to do rebuild to rule it
> out.
> so if people have done the restore, I would like to know what tools were
> used.
> and possibly some insight on how they did it and the results.

> Shayne

in

> > How about you tell us the whole story, so that we can give sensible
> > answer?

> > > Hi,
> > > Has anyone had to rebuild their store?
> > > I am told I may have some corruption and may need to rebuild mine.
> > > could I get some insight on this from some of you.
> > > as to how and what tools work best?

> > > any help is appreciated
> > > Thanks
> > > Shayne

> > --
> > Corrections are welcome.

> > For "Good post" practice visit
> > http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> > Kirill.

Store rebuild

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 06:31:39

*Y HELL!!
PLEASE NEVER EVER POST ANY ATTACHMENTS IN THIS NEWSGROUP.
Post link instead.

Nobody is going to run .EXE, posted in public newsgroup.

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Kirill.

1. IS Store Corrupt, so rebuilding!

Make sure that if you have any public folders on the original server, they
are repolicated to the new server. This is especially important for
free/busy information. Make sure that the free busy public folder is
replicated. In addition you have any connectors on this m/c which you user,
re-create them on the new server.

Nitin Shukla [MS]

Exchange Support

Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.
--------------------

| Subject: IS Store Corrupt, so rebuilding!
| Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:39:42 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.general
|
| I have a server (win2k/e2k)(both SP2) with a corrupt information store so
| am going to rebuild the server.  I have moved all my mailboxes and public
| folders to a new server (same OS & Exch.) with a new name.  This server
has
| been up for 2 weeks and I have tested by moving a dozen mailboxes over.  I
| moved all the rest (200+) 2 nights ago.
| If anyone has done this process please provide any insight on anything I
may
| be missing or forgetting before I rebuild my main exchange server.
|
| Thank you in advance!
|
| Also, since taking my main mail server, which is also a DC offline I have
| half a dozen users that can not access their email via outlook.  The
mailbox
| is there and they can get to it through the web client. And they are
| authenticating too. Could this still be tied to the server I have shut
off.
| If so how do I force it to authenticate to another server.

2. retrieve cleared forms from personal folders library

3. Exchange 5.5 on Win 2000 Server????

4. Problems mounting stores since E2K (and subsequent rebuild)

5. Importing an address file to Exchange Server 5.5 Public folder

6. recovering Information Store on rebuilt system

7. I want exchange to download from my POP server

8. rebuild private info store

9. Restoring Information Store after server rebuild

10. recovering Information Store on rebuilt system