Rename Exchange Server Name (along with Machine name) after installation

Rename Exchange Server Name (along with Machine name) after installation

Post by Bill Nguye » Thu, 07 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi all;
Is it possible to install Exchange 5.5 SP3 on a member server ( or BDC)
named "SERVER_A" and then later change the server name (and Exchange server
name) to "SERVER_B" ? The reason is that I'm setting aother server to be
added to the domain as a production server and would like to use it as a
backup Exchange server when needed. In case the existing Exchange server
machine crashed, I would like to be able to rename this server and dump the
backup tape and bring up Exchange services in a short period of time.
I can state the same Organization and Site name, but not server name during
the installation of Exchange. Is there any way to work around this?
Thanks
Bill

1. Rename Exchange Server Name (along with Machine name) after installation

Hi all;
Is it possible to install Exchange 5.5 SP3 on a member server ( or BDC)
named "SERVER_A" and then later change the server name (and Exchange server
name) to "SERVER_B" ? The reason is that I'm setting aother server to be
added to the domain as a production server and would like to use it as a
backup Exchange server when needed. In case the existing Exchange server
machine crashed, I would like to be able to rename this server and dump the
backup tape and bring up Exchange services in a short period of time.
I can state the same Organization and Site name, but not server name during
the installation of Exchange. Is there any way to work around this?
Thanks
Bill

2. only one question!

3. Only the domain name for the email server instead of machine name .domain name/exchange

4. Brandwidth and Speed.

5. Renaming Exchange v4 Server Windows NT Machine Name

6. X.400 and IMS - URGENT

7. installation w same machine/ server name

8. Information about AD and Exchange 2000

9. Renaming org, site AND machine name

10. Renaming Machine Name

11. Renaming Site Name and the Container Name In Exchange 5.5

12. rename display name department name several mail boxes

13. Changing machine name & domain name