setting up a monitor for a certain Q

Post by John Majo » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:28:22

HI,

I would like to setup a monitor in exchange that will alert me (using a
script) when the Messages Failed Lookup queue is over, say, 5.

I can't seem to find a way to do this, can it be done in Exchange ?

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:57:55

>I would like to setup a monitor in exchange that will alert me (using a
>script) when the Messages Failed Lookup queue is over, say, 5.

>I can't seem to find a way to do this, can it be done in Exchange ?

No. You'd have to read the raw perfmon counter from a script (use
WMI), or you could use PerfMon and set up an alert when that counter
exceeded a certain value.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Setting up Link Monitor to monitor foreign email system

I have read where it supposedly is possible to use a Link Monitor to
"watch" a foreign email system.  What I am hoping
to be able to do is to watch a remote exchange server, not connected to
our companies email system, and see when
messages are having a problem in getting through.  Using Link Monitor on
a foreign email system isnt talked about
in the manuals as far as I can see.

2. Rejecting mail at RCPT TO:

3. Generic email set-ups possible?

4. Looking at someone's inbox

5. Inbox name change

6. Retrieving Email from ISP with Exchange 5

7. Searching for messages with certain property not set

8. Setting up E2k to send certain domains through other SMTP servers

9. Setting Permissions to restrict only certain users to send emails to an Exchange a/c

10. Few Qs about Public Folders

11. Curious Qs in E2K ??