Outbound mail restrictions i.e no internet mail

Outbound mail restrictions i.e no internet mail

Post by Vidano » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 02:19:17

I have the same issue... Although if I place the ID in the restricted
field it works fine... If I place the distribution group it doesnt
work.  I also enable the connection restriction with the registry
patch..  One thing I also noticed was Also, which may be related,
Distribution lists don't seem to work on individual ID's restrictions
on 'recieving mail' from... (accept message from anyone except)...

Id's work, not groups...

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:26:35 -0400, "Lanwench"

>Your question was, how to restrict people from sending Internet mail, right?
>So you're saying that the article from that link didn't help? Did you follow
>all the instructions exactly? Just noticed some other things in your post
>that puzzle me -

>> cannot send mail outside the company ..well...occassionally they can!!??

>So it's not working consistently?

>notices

>What's the exact message?

>of them and i cannot > > > send and yet for one i can. Is this thing ropey
>or is it me?!

>Sounds like you may need to go back to the article & review all your
>steps...

Outbound mail restrictions i.e no internet mail

Post by Mark Fugat » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 04:25:25

Reboot the Exchange server and give it a try.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

> I have the same issue... Although if I place the ID in the restricted
> field it works fine... If I place the distribution group it doesnt
> work.  I also enable the connection restriction with the registry
> patch..  One thing I also noticed was Also, which may be related,
> Distribution lists don't seem to work on individual ID's restrictions
> on 'recieving mail' from... (accept message from anyone except)...

> Id's work, not groups...

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:26:35 -0400, "Lanwench"

> >Your question was, how to restrict people from sending Internet mail,
right?
> >So you're saying that the article from that link didn't help? Did you
follow
> >all the instructions exactly? Just noticed some other things in your post
> >that puzzle me -

> >> cannot send mail outside the company ..well...occassionally they
can!!??

> >So it's not working consistently?

> >notices

> >What's the exact message?

> >of them and i cannot > > > send and yet for one i can. Is this thing
ropey
> >or is it me?!

> >Sounds like you may need to go back to the article & review all your
> >steps...

1. Internet Mail Service and Outbound SMTP mail

If I set the IMS Transfer mode to INBOUND only our Exchange 5.5 SP2
will only receive mail?  To block Outgoing SMTP mail I need this set
to Inbound only then add the users or DL's that cannot send Outbound
mail to the Delivery Restrictions tab and under Reject Messages From.

Basically it will send Outbound mail unless you have a user listed in
Reject Messages from?

Currently we have set Inbound and Outbound and anyone in the Reject
Messages From list does not work unless you remove the SMTP address
which I do not want to Administer.

Thanks!

2. Exchange/Outlook/SQL Server

3. Routing smtp outbound mail to internet mail service server

4. pop3 connector is not present after installalion

5. Outbound Mailing Problems with Internet Mail Service

6. Setting up an AutoReply for Email

7. Programming Internet Mail Service Delivery Restrictions

8. PR_SENDER_NAME MAPI Property won't set

9. Internet Mail Restriction

10. Restriction on User Mails to Internet

11. Internet Mail Relay Routing Restriction

12. Internet E-mail Restrictions

13. Internet mail restrictions