Stupid Question

Post by Terry Sant » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 04:07:51

If the wrong address is specified in the site addressing tab, would this
affect out going emails???
I know it would affect incoming.

thanks Terry

Stupid Question

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:39:35

>If the wrong address is specified in the site addressing tab, would this
>affect out going emails???
>I know it would affect incoming.

Incoming mail isn't bothered in the least by what's in the Site
Addressing object.

Outbound mail would probably leave with the "From:" address set to
whatever you have on the Site Addressing object for the protocol.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. A Stupid question

This is probably a stupid question but....

I'm setting up Exchange 5.5 in a test enviroment on a NT4 server with NT4
workstation clients.  The installation appears to have worked fine, but my
problem is with the clients.

The clients connect to the mailbox, and retrieve the address books, but when
I attempt to send a message the message just sits in the Outbox.

Where do I go from here?

Cheers Arthur

2. Settings for users using Exchange 2000 automatically

3. Stupid Question....

4. Money 97 upgrade to Money 2003 and IE6

5. Implementing event sinks - Warning: stupid question :-)

6. FSMO move now can't create mailboxes.

7. Newbe stupid question

8. Messages with attachments stay in IMC queue

9. Maybe stupid question but I'm an Exchange Server Layman

10. OK Stupid question of the day.

11. Stupid question

12. Stupid Question

13. Stupid question.