Installing KMS

Post by Stuart Pittwoo » Sat, 23 Mar 2002 04:00:09

Hi,

I am trying to setup the KMS on our test network.  I have installed a CA and
KMS the installation seems to have gone ok, the additions to the "Exchange
Features" tab have appeared.  However when I try to do anything with the KMS
I am asked for a KMS Service Password, I have tried the password of the user
who is logged in (full exchange admin), the default password which I beleive
is password and also the KMS startup password. but I keep getting the
following Error :

"The Password that you have typed is not a valid password of KMS was unable
to respond to the validation request"

Installing KMS

Post by Amiri Jones [MVP » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:24:31

    Actually, IIRC the default password for KMS is password.

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to setup the KMS on our test network.  I have installed a CA
and
> KMS the installation seems to have gone ok, the additions to the "Exchange
> Features" tab have appeared.  However when I try to do anything with the
KMS
> I am asked for a KMS Service Password, I have tried the password of the
user
> who is logged in (full exchange admin), the default password which I
beleive
> is password and also the KMS startup password. but I keep getting the
> following Error :

> "The Password that you have typed is not a valid password of KMS was
unable
> to respond to the validation request"

1. Installing KMS on an existing site

Hi,

I currently have 2 exchange 2000 sp3 servers installed at my site, both
servers are under the same site and servicing the same e-mail domain.

I want to install KMS on these servers..

I have a few question regarding KMS -

1) What are the correct steps that need to be taken in order to install KMS
on existing sites ?
2) After installation does KMS need to be enabled per mailbox or is it
enabled automatically on exchange server ?
3) Can I enable KMS only for certain mailboxes/servers within my site ?
4) When backing up exchange, does the data stays encrypted (on the media) ?
5) Does installing KMS will complicate significantly an exchange disaster
recovery procedure ?
6) Can I assign a key that can be used to decrypt all mails on the exchange
(administrator key) ?
7) How does mail in offline folders (on the client local machine) is handled
when using KMS ?

I realize that there are a lot of questions here....
I will appreciate any link to a relevant documentation regarding this
issues.

Thanks,

2. Public folders in a Mixed Enviornment

3. Installing KMS

4. Unable to configure Internet Mail

5. Problem installing KMS on Win2000

6. IMAP connections can only see public folders...weird...why..?

7. How to install KMS in separate PC?

8. Changing the default web

9. A question about install KMS' error message

10. Problem installing KMS on Win2000

11. unable to install KMS

12. Installing KMS on an existing site

13. KMS won't install