Customizing NDR content

Post by FFP Admi » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I changed a domain name some time ago and still receive messages to the old
domain. The users still exist, and the old domain is still valid on my
server. I do not wish to forward the messages to the users on the new
domain; instead, I would like the NDR to respond with a different message
like: "Please make note of the new domain and update your address book." Is
there any way to edit the NDR content?

Customizing NDR content

Post by Elton Tucke » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Sorry, they're hardcoded into the app.  Some of the NT 5 demos I've seen
give me some hope in this area however.  There is a new initiative being
introduced where, althought the messages can't be modified, all error
dialogs, etc are supposed to be extendable with links to information you've
developed.

Elton Tucker MCSE ASE

>I changed a domain name some time ago and still receive messages to the old
>domain. The users still exist, and the old domain is still valid on my
>server. I do not wish to forward the messages to the users on the new
>domain; instead, I would like the NDR to respond with a different message
>like: "Please make note of the new domain and update your address book." Is
>there any way to edit the NDR content?

Customizing NDR content

Post by David Hooke » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

    I have done some low-level programming with Exchange. NDR's are most
likely not customizable.

1. customized MIME content types in E2K

Hi,

has anyone sucessfully configured (additional) customized MIME content types
with E2K??? It seems that E2K only supports the build in MIME types. Any
additional configured MIME types don't work correctly (at least in my lab).

I have configured the customized type "application/fax" for attachments with
the extension ".fax". Messages sent with Outlook2000 via an E2K server still
arrive at the target (linux) server with a content type
"application/octet-stream" . This happens for any additional configured MIME
type. Only the defaults work properly.
Even PDF attachments arrive with "application/octet-stream" which should be
"application/pdf" as described in RFCs.

With Exchange 5.5 everything works fine.

Many thanks for any hints...

Lothar

2. Update/Insert on Global Address List from VB?

3. Customizing Non-Delivery Report(NDR) in Exchange

4. Outlook for Power Mac with OS 8.1 and Exchange Server

5. How to customize NDR text ?

6. E-mail Forwarding

7. NDR Messages, Can you customize?

8. Exchange/MS Mail Y2K Compliance

9. Can I customized the NDR message???

10. Customizing Non-Delivery Report(NDR) in Exchange

11. Customize NDR message

12. Customize NDR

13. Help please.....Customizing NDR.