Automation on Public Folder

Post by Heathe » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 06:59:45

We have a public folder that our employees are posting
questions for our Director to be answered in a later
time.  When we close the Public folder to employees, we
give our director access to answer those questions.  Then
when the questions are answered I copy them manually into
another folder to be accessible as read only to the
employees and leave the other folder blank for next time
to post questions.  I was wondering if I can automate it.
Like create a rule or something through either Outlook or
Exchange.  We have Exchange 5.5 with service pack 4.  Or
if you have any other idea for this matter I would love to
hear it.  Thanks

Automation on Public Folder

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:11:08

Quote:> We have a public folder that our employees are posting
> questions for our Director to be answered in a later
> time.  When we close the Public folder to employees, we
> give our director access to answer those questions.  Then
> when the questions are answered I copy them manually into
> another folder to be accessible as read only to the
> employees and leave the other folder blank for next time
> to post questions.  I was wondering if I can automate it.
> Like create a rule or something through either Outlook or
> Exchange.  We have Exchange 5.5 with service pack 4.  Or
> if you have any other idea for this matter I would love to
> hear it.  Thanks

Hello Heather,

You might think about using a moderated folder or something along those
lines. I am certain some custom code could do what you need, but I'm at a
loss to recommend anything specific.

I've had great luck with http://www.slipstick.com and
http://www.cdolive.com as well as http://www.exchangecode.com There are
also some forums there that you might be able to find a mention of some
possible solutions. I hope that helps out.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

1. Public Folders and Automation

I've just developed a custom form that has certain important custom fields
attached to a specific Public Folder. What I would like to do is to automate
the process of sending a mail to a specific user depending on the post type
(support,admin,etc...) and include the custom fields.

I have manged to automate the sending part but am unsure on how to go about
attaching the custom fields into the mail message.

Any ideas??

Suresh

2. HTTP on proxy server

3. Programmatically Posting Office Document to Public Folder using Outlook Automation

4. 1 * pjIXzhkEA-connector

5. create items in a shared folder with VB-Automation

6. Lost Admin Password

7. Controlling Personal Folders using automation

8. Broken reminder in Exchange 5.5 using Outlook 2000

9. Reading Public folder Items and Sub folder items under public folders

10. copying contact items from mailboxes and public folders to another public folder

11. Search on Public Folders,,,Public Folder replication,,,,WorkFlow Tool

12. Can't post to public folders Using Netscape Collabra 4.05 ( NNTP access to public folders )