Q155216 How to move Exchange to a new computer

Q155216 How to move Exchange to a new computer

Post by Kath » Sun, 09 Sep 2001 10:41:08

I just read the subject MS article.  The section "Installing Windows NT and
Exchange Server on the New Computer" does not even mention the steps for
installing Exchange on the new machine.  It jumps from installing NT to
restoring the Exchange directories.  Now this can't be right, can it?  It's
a mistake, right?

Thanks,
Kathy

Q155216 How to move Exchange to a new computer

See FAQ, App A at

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Q155216 How to move Exchange to a new computer

Post by Kath » Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:27:11

Thanks, but I have read App A and it refers you to Q155216 for moving a
server to another computer with the same name, which is what I'm doing.

Kathy

> See FAQ, App A at
>  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

> > I just read the subject MS article.  The section "Installing Windows NT
and
> > Exchange Server on the New Computer" does not even mention the steps for
> > installing Exchange on the new machine.  It jumps from installing NT to
> > restoring the Exchange directories.  Now this can't be right, can it?
It's
> > a mistake, right?

> > Thanks,
> > Kathy

> --
> Corrections are welcome.

> For "Good post" practice visit
> http://members.home.com/dts-l/goodpost.htm

> Kirill.

1. Q155216: How to Move Exchange to a New Computer with the Same Name

Has anyone out there followed the procedures in KB Article Q155216?
If so, can you tell how it worked?

It basically states that I just need to:

1. Stop all Exchange Services
2. Copy the Exchsrv directory to a network drive
3. Shut down the old box
4. Install NT on the new box with the same name
5. Install Exchange with the same site/organization/service account as the
old box
6. Stop the services
7. Copy the backed up Exchsrv directory over the new one
8. Start services
9. Install and configure connectors

It looks like this will take care of moving the Mailboxes and Public folders
as well...
is that correct?  Is it that simple?

Thanks,
Joell

2. Failuer mounting the Mailbox stores.

3. moving exch 5.5 to a new server (Q155216) question

4. Automatic address suffix addition

5. Moving Exchange to new harware with new computer name

6. Using Dynamic RAS to connect

7. Use Microsoft Exchange Move Server Wizard to move server to a new computer

8. Folder Permissions

9. Moving Exchange to a New Computer

10. Moving Exchange 2000 to a new Computer

11. Move Exchange to new computer with the same name

12. How to Move Exchange to a New Computer

13. Wants to move Exchange 5.5 to new computer