Event ID 9215

Post by John Cheatha » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

This event id seems to be popping up a couple times a day.  We have 3
x.400 connections and our sockets are set to 20.  I have heard this is
no big deal, does anyone know?  Event ID 9215 "A sockets error 0 on a
connect call was detected."

Event ID 9215

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?FR=0
and search for
9215
about All products
agaisnt Full text

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

Event ID 9215

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>This event id seems to be popping up a couple times a day.  We have 3
>x.400 connections and our sockets are set to 20.  I have heard this is
>no big deal, does anyone know?  Event ID 9215 "A sockets error 0 on a
>connect call was detected."

I don't think I'd worry about it. If there was a reall error in the
Description (other than 0) you might have something to go on.

Is there an other error that appears at the same time from the source
MSExchangeMTA?

You might consider increasing the number of control blocks to 30. Each
X.400 connector can use up to 10 CB's (I don't think it'll affect your
9215's though).

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Event Id 9215

Dear all,

A sockets error 0 on a connect() call was detected. The MTA will attempt to
recover the sockets connection. Control block index: 1. [BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR
8 262] (12)

2. 1 user 2 mailbox

3. Event ID 9215

4. Recovering Database from Dead Server

5. Error Message Event ID 9215.

6. NEED HELP!!!!

7. A lot of socket errors (Event ID 9215)

8. Exchange management policies?

9. Exchange 5.5 event id: 9215

10. Event ID 9215 What can I do ?

11. event ID's 9225 and 9215