forwarding existing mail

Post by Ted Iglehar » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 09:24:24

I have a user which transferred to another company and it has been ok'ed to
forward their e-mail in their current account to their new location before
dropping
their account.

Is there a way to forward existing mail in their mailbox as if sent
originally OR is the
only option for me to open their box as administrator and forward.  This
second option
would give them their mail.

However, when they receive it, it will arrive as a message from
the administrator.  Is there a way to prevent this?

forwarding existing mail

Post by Lanwenc » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 10:31:29

If you forward it, yes, it will list administrator as the sender (and you'd
have to do each one individually). Probably the better thing to do is export
the mailbox to a PST file and send it to the user on a CD or zip disk or
somesuch... Then they can open it in Outlook on another PC.

Quote:> I have a user which transferred to another company and it has been ok'ed
> forward their e-mail in their current account to their new location before
> dropping
> their account.

> Is there a way to forward existing mail in their mailbox as if sent
> originally OR is the
> only option for me to open their box as administrator and forward.  This
> second option
> would give them their mail.

> However, when they receive it, it will arrive as a message from
> the administrator.  Is there a way to prevent this?

1. Forwarding existing mails

I'm usign Exchange 5.5 SP4. When users quit working to another company, for
some time we're keeping his/her mailbox with forwarding to new address. Sure
when I get forwarding e-mail address in mailbox already has some mails in
it. How can I forward these existing e-mails? Can I do without logging in
that users mailbox and manually forwarding them to the new address?

Uldis V.
Nelss Ltd. IT departmanet manager.

2. Exchange 2003 RC1 Calendar issues

3. Forwarding existing mail to another recipient

4. How to open a message from the badmail folder

5. mail to non-existing mailbox in our site is forwarded to internet

6. Please help; Moving public folders to new server

7. Forward mail to another org if MB doesn't exist

8. Please Help! Boss can not retrieve her mail.

9. Canot forward mail from external sources to mailbox-enabled users with mail forwarding

10. Forwarding bounced mail to another mail box without forwarding

11. Canot forward mail from external sources to mailbox-enabled users with mail forwarding

12. Forwarding non-existing email address

13. forwarding existing contents of mailbox