anyone worked with roaming profile of outlook 2000?

anyone worked with roaming profile of outlook 2000?

Post by alby » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

we want to emplement  a roaming profile in our site
we have outlook 2000 clients
does anyone have exprience with it? (working good or heel of troubles)?
thank you
alby malka

--

________________________________
Alby Malka

anyone worked with roaming profile of outlook 2000?

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

What is the problem?  Outlook 2000 settings will be contained within the
profile.  You could use regdt32 - load hive or the policy editor to change
some of the settings.  It worked great at my last company.  We were using
Outlook 97, roaming profiles, and each NT machine was pointed to a site
policy file.  This solved a lot of problems we had with users logging onto
each other's machines and complaining that their e-mail did work right.  We
also set the machines to delete the cached profile once the user logged off
of the workstation.

Also helpful to keep all the profiles under some folder structure which is
backed up daily to tape.

--
Michael Abbaticchio
CCNA

Quote:> we want to emplement  a roaming profile in our site
> we have outlook 2000 clients
> does anyone have exprience with it? (working good or heel of troubles)?
> thank you
> alby malka

> --

> ________________________________
> Alby Malka
> System Administrator
> BASHAN SYSTEMS
> MCSE

1. Roaming MAPI profiles vs roaming User profiles

Is it possible to have roaming MAPI profiles on a PC which never goes down?
(ie no one logs out or reboots these machines)? I don't mean simply adding a
few additional profiles to a PC.  I have hundreds of users who may or may
not be on the same floor each day, or even in the same state. These users
are doctors and nurses. The machines thay are using are running patient care
applications and cannot be rebooted each time a user wants to check email.
Keep in mind there is some security on these PCs. Generally the head nurse
will reboot the PC and login at the beginning of her 12 hour shift. This is
necessary for file print rights. But if she is ICU she may have access to
different apps as opposed to a nurse in ER.

Is it possible to create a global profile list on a server that the users
can select from when the start Outlook?

Are my options limited to OWA or Winframe, or is there another way?

Please send/post any suggestions you may have.

Thanks,
            Dave

Dave Caylor
PC/LAN Team
Alverno Information Services

phone: 317-532-7800, ext 6204

2. Originator does not have permission to submit message

3. Backup Command Line

4. Mailbox cleanup agent for public folders?

5. Outlook 2000 and roaming profiles

6. Problems collecting mail for mutliple internet domains

7. Roaming profiles and Outlook 2000

8. Roaming Outlook Profiles using mandatory user profiles - 3.51 clients, 4.0 server, 5.0 Exchange

9. Roaming Profiles with outlook profiles

10. Roaming profiles don't work

11. Roaming profiles on Outllook 2000 & Win95