How can i move or copy my microsoft outlook contact list to Exchange 2000

How can i move or copy my microsoft outlook contact list to Exchange 2000

Post by MVP » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:01:27

Create a Public Folder and in the drop down box select this folder contains
Contact Items.  Now copy your outlook contacts to the new Public Folder you
just created.  Give the appropriate permissions to the users who need access
and you are done.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

Quote:> How can i move or copy my microsoft outlook contact list
> to Microsoft Exchange Server Outlook Web Access contact
> list. Any appropriate answer can be rewarded via paypal if
> email address is provided. I have read everything before
> posting and none of this so called IT guy can resolve this
> issue, I am challenging anyone who has a to do idea.

How can i move or copy my microsoft outlook contact list to Exchange 2000

Post by MVP » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:06:59

You need to have an Exchange mailbox running before you can perform a copy
of your Contacts to Public Folder.  If your Contacts are in a pst file, open
your pst file while in Outlook then simply copy these to your Public Folder.
There is no need to export.

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

> That does'nt solve my problem, i guess i need to be
> specific or you can elaborate a little. Here is what i'm
> trying to accomplish.
> 1. i export my msft. outlook and not express contact 400
> total and exported it as a pst file, is something wrong
> with that process, then i follow your intruction and can
> not view a .pst file from owa contact at the public
> folder, only option is to download it.  I will like to see
> this each contact total 400 on web contact 2 and total
> 402. Do i make sense now.

Post by Eddy Okuw » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:11:48

Thank you very much Mr. Oliver, Jr. I tweek around the
info you gave me and finally it makes sense. It works and
all my contact are in the owa contact list total of 402
instead of 2. I will reward you for the info if you
provide an email address you can receive money from
paypal. Also i will need you for further development,
contracted. Contact me soon. I sent you an email to

me. Thanks ones again.

1. How can i move or copy my microsoft outlook contact list to Microsoft Exchange S

Hello,

It is supposed to work this way: if you have your contacts in MAPI-Outlook
Contacts folder, they should be visible in your OWA Contacts folder  (you
can check Contact options in your OWA and Addressing oreder in your
Outlook).

Public Contacts folder shows primary  Contacts in OWA 5.5, please review
details at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q192775 .
So, if you want to access Publix Contacts folder from OWA 5.5,  you may need
to go into your Outlook client and export your addresses from your public
contacts to your primary contacts.

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

2. OWA Web Pages

3. How to move contact list b/w msft.outlook and exchange 2000 server owa contact

4. Moving PC or User

5. Unable to make new contact or move/copy contacts to a public folder

6. Mailbox to fax tool or application sought...

7. cannot view contacts after copying private contact list to public folder

8. Directory Export

9. Contact Lists - Exchange 2000/Outlook

10. Exchange/Outlook 2000 contact list's

11. Cannot Get Contact List From Exchange In Outlook 2000

12. Sharing an Outlook Contact List with a network using Exchange Server 2000

13. How create copy of address list in personal address book in MS Outlook 2000