save all incoming outgoing mails

Post by Tanweer Ahmed Surv » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:48:25

To all

I am using Exch 2k Front end back end configuration with exchange 2k Sp2 on win 2k sp2
 iweant to save all incoming outgoing mails

thanks
best regards

save all incoming outgoing mails

Post by Ronen Gabba » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:42:15

You can use message journaling this will copy all send mails
and received mails to a selected mailbox.

This is very easy , configure a mailbox to be your journal mailbox
without any limits this mailbox need to be maintained cleaned etc....
Message journal should be enabled for each database if you have
many of them you can use Exchange polices.
Open the Exchange system manager locate your server > First Storage Group >
Mailbox Store properties page > Under the general tab you will find
"Archive all messages send or received by this mailbox store"
click the checkbox and point to the archive mailbox you have created

Remember not to limit the size of this mailbox .

--
Please do not send email directly to this alias.

Ronen Gabbay   MCT   MCSE+I   MCDBA
Hi-Tech College
ISRAEL

  To all

  I am using Exch 2k Front end back end configuration with exchange 2k Sp2 on win 2k sp2
   iweant to save all incoming outgoing mails

  thanks
  best regards

save all incoming outgoing mails

Post by Tanweer Ahmed Surv » Mon, 03 Jun 2002 22:08:59

Thanks Ronen Gabbay
i have single server single storage
will it save messages within  organisation or not ?????

I want to save

[...]

Post by Ronen Gabba » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:55:48

Yes it will ,configure this option
on the single store you have.

--
[...]

1. saving incoming AND outgoing mail

Hi there - I need to setup a scenario where we save all copies of incoming
AND outgoing mail from the exchange 5.5 server.  Can anyone tell me how to
do this?  I've looked everywhere I can find and I'm still not getting it.

I want to be able to do this server side rather than client side - can this
be done?  And if so how please?

Thanks in advance

Robyn

2. mtx.exe - DLL Initialization Failed

3. Exchange 5.5 How to Save copies of Incoming/Outgoing Emails

4. Retaining Mail on Server

5. Save incoming and outgoing msgs

6. Others on LAN sending internet mail through me

7. Saving or copying all incoming/outgoing internet messages

8. Public Folder Replication

9. Saving a copy of all incoming and outgoing email

10. Saving/logging all incoming and outgoing communication

11. User Is not recieving incoming mail but can send outgoing mail

12. Mail pending incoming and outgoing mail pending

13. Mail sizes on incoming and outgoing mail