Can Not Remove Public Folder

Post by Leo A. Novell » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am moving an Exchange 5.5 server from one server to another within the
same organization, domain and site.  When I try to install Exchange 5.5
on the new server (and have it join the existing site) I get the
following error:

The object can not be found in the directory. This may be because
replication has not completed.
Microsoft Exchange Directory
ID no: c1010aae

I think this is a problem with the main/original server.  I think this
because when I try to view the properties of the "Internet Newsgroups"
folder, I get the same error.  I have tried everything in the MS KB to
fix this problem without success.  I want to either fix this public
folder or delete it.  I've even tried to delete the pub.mdb file and let
Exchange recreate it but it always recreates this same public folder.
Is there a way to completely remove the NNTP service from the server?
Would that solve the problem?  If there is no way to fix this problem,
is there any other way that I can move an entire Exchange server from
one computer to another (including the private stores)?

Thanks for the help.

--
Leo A. Novelli
Atlantis International

http://www.AtlantisNet.com/

Can Not Remove Public Folder

Post by David Sengupt » Fri, 15 Oct 1999 04:00:00

See Q174306 XADM: Cannot Delete the Internet Newsgroups Public Folder.

--
David Sengupta
Exchange MVP  Ottawa, Canada

> I am moving an Exchange 5.5 server from one server to another within the
> same organization, domain and site.  When I try to install Exchange 5.5
> on the new server (and have it join the existing site) I get the
> following error:

> The object can not be found in the directory. This may be because
> replication has not completed.
> Microsoft Exchange Directory
> ID no: c1010aae

> I think this is a problem with the main/original server.  I think this
> because when I try to view the properties of the "Internet Newsgroups"
> folder, I get the same error.  I have tried everything in the MS KB to
> fix this problem without success.  I want to either fix this public
> folder or delete it.  I've even tried to delete the pub.mdb file and let
> Exchange recreate it but it always recreates this same public folder.
> Is there a way to completely remove the NNTP service from the server?
> Would that solve the problem?  If there is no way to fix this problem,
> is there any other way that I can move an entire Exchange server from
> one computer to another (including the private stores)?

> Thanks for the help.

> --
> Leo A. Novelli
> Atlantis International

> http://www.AtlantisNet.com/

Can Not Remove Public Folder

Post by Exchan » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Try Directory consistency check.

Regards

B Ghosh
MVP - Exchange

> I am moving an Exchange 5.5 server from one server to another within the
> same organization, domain and site.  When I try to install Exchange 5.5
> on the new server (and have it join the existing site) I get the
> following error:

> The object can not be found in the directory. This may be because
> replication has not completed.
> Microsoft Exchange Directory
> ID no: c1010aae

> I think this is a problem with the main/original server.  I think this
> because when I try to view the properties of the "Internet Newsgroups"
> folder, I get the same error.  I have tried everything in the MS KB to
> fix this problem without success.  I want to either fix this public
> folder or delete it.  I've even tried to delete the pub.mdb file and let
> Exchange recreate it but it always recreates this same public folder.
> Is there a way to completely remove the NNTP service from the server?
> Would that solve the problem?  If there is no way to fix this problem,
> is there any other way that I can move an entire Exchange server from
> one computer to another (including the private stores)?

> Thanks for the help.

> --
> Leo A. Novelli
> Atlantis International

> http://www.AtlantisNet.com/

1. public folders not removed

Exchange 5.5 sp4 - I removed a directory replication connector to remove a
site that was being deleted.  All disappeared as it should except for the
sites public folders - how do I remove these after the site is gone.

Nancy Stevens

2. Scripting

3. Can Not Remove Public Folder

4. MSMail connector not appear on Exchange 5.5 MTA queue

5. Outlook problem - how to show tasks and Calendar Items in one view -

6. how to remove public folder if Home server is removed

7. Exchange Backup Problem

8. Removing Public Folders after removing site connector

9. how to remove public folder if Home server is removed

10. Removing sub folders from Public Folder