Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book

Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book

Post by David Ashamall » Fri, 06 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Underneath the "Configuration" container, is the "DS Site Configuration"
container.
This object has a "OffLine Address book" tab which will allow you to change
the container the Offline Address Book is generated from.  make sure your
Offline Address book is generated from the GAL.

You can also generate the Offline GAL immediately from a button.

David

Quote:> When online in Outlook or exchange, I take the option to download the
> Global Address Book.  I then exit out and come back into Outlook or
> Exchange in the offline mode.  When I go to send mail, and look in my GAL
> (offline) I only get a partial listing of everything that's actually in
> there.  The wierd thing is that at one point I was seeing exactly 100
names
> under the offline list, and after changing our NT server to show all
> recipient info in the offline GAL and regenerating it, I now see exactly
> 200 names (but still only about half the real list.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

1. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

I am getting an error when trying to generate the Offline Address book in
Exchange Admin.  It appears of if it has been removed.

Situation:
I moved all my mailboxes to a new server.  I also had the new server
replicate all the public folder info from the old server.  Once replicated I
removed the replicas from the old server.  I believe the OAB did not
replicate over and now I cannot generate it from either of the servers, nor
can i download it from the client.

The Event ID and error I am getting is very general and cannot be found in
TechNet:

"EVENT ID: 5004
Source:MSExchangeSA
Generation of the offline Address Book is complete. Result: An error
occurred. "

IS there any way to make this again?  Please say yes.

Thanks in advance.

2. OWA Says Password Expires in 0 Days???

3. Offline Address Books Don't Contain All Users

4. What service pack is the Enterprise Edition currently shipping out of the box?

5. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

6. Connectivity via IPX

7. Borderware Firewalls and Exchange IMC attachments

8. Offline Address Book Scheduling doesn't work

9. Offline Address book doesn't update

10. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

11. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

12. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please