Problem with Private Information store size limit

Problem with Private Information store size limit

Post by Matt » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:04:06

I'll try and explain this as simply as possible - we're using the
standard edition of Exchange 2000 which has a built-in 16gb database
limit.  Overnight the limit was reached and the database went offline.
 I have defragmented the database as suggested using the option
"eseutil /d <path-to-db>\priv1.edb" and waited the obligatory 3-4
hours.  Defrag went smoothly, but the database is still not compact
enough to start.  What the hell do you do next?  As far as I can tell
there is no way to start the database without first removing some mail
and bringing it back under size and there is no way to do that unless
the database is started.  Catch-22.  Have I missed something vital or
am I completely screwed?

Any assistance that anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Problem with Private Information store size limit

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:07:15

You could upgrade to Enterprise.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> I'll try and explain this as simply as possible - we're using the
> standard edition of Exchange 2000 which has a built-in 16gb database
> limit.  Overnight the limit was reached and the database went offline.
>  I have defragmented the database as suggested using the option
> "eseutil /d <path-to-db>\priv1.edb" and waited the obligatory 3-4
> hours.  Defrag went smoothly, but the database is still not compact
> enough to start.  What the hell do you do next?  As far as I can tell
> there is no way to start the database without first removing some mail
> and bringing it back under size and there is no way to do that unless
> the database is started.  Catch-22.  Have I missed something vital or
> am I completely screwed?

> Any assistance that anyone could offer would be appreciated.

1. Size Limit on the Private Information Store

------=_NextPart_000_01BC9B6D.5097D6C0

Is there any limitaion on the size of the Private Information Store? I =
am planning to have raid storage of very large capacity with hardware =
redundancy. Basically my question is how big a server can become (in =
terms of storage/mailboxes etc).
--
Regards
B Ghosh

------=_NextPart_000_01BC9B6D.5097D6C0

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D'"Trident 4.71.0544.0"' name=3DGENERATOR>

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there any limitaion on the size of the =
Private=20
Information Store? I am planning to have raid storage of very large =
capacity=20
with hardware redundancy. Basically my question is how big a server can =
become=20
(in terms of storage/mailboxes etc).</FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><BR>
--<BR>
<HTML><BODY><FONT size=3D2>Regards<BR>
B Ghosh<BR>

</FONT></FONT></P>

</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01BC9B6D.5097D6C0--

2. 16G limitation

3. Private Information Store limit problem

4. How to clean badmail automatically?

5. Private Information Store Size Problem

6. SP2 and then sp4

7. MAPI via Internet

8. Exchange 5.5 Information store size/Mailbox size limits

9. Private Info Store size exceeded limit!!!!!!

10. Are there any limit on Private store size on SBS 4.5, Exchange 5.5

11. Private and public store 2GB size limit???