GAL and last, first / first-last

Post by Todd A. Scalzo » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Using Exchange Server 5.0 and Outlook 97 clients:

I wish to allow my users to select addresses from the Global Address List in
last name, first order.

My understanding is that this means changing all of the display names to that
order.  Okay, that's fine.

But now everyone still wants the e-mail that is sent to appear to be going to
(or received from) someone in First name Last order.

There doesn't appear to be a way to obtain both.

Is there something I am missing?  How can I accomplish this for my users?

TIA.

--

Todd A. Scalzott
Network Manager, Kastle Systems, LLC.

1. GAL sort by last, first name, with from email from First Last

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a user's AD Display Name field be Last, First but when he
sends an email with Outlook have it arrive from First Last?  Or is there some
other way to sort the GAL by Last, First yet have emails arrive from First Last?

thanks,
Karnov

2. Win 98, Exchange, Firewall

3. First Last..Last, First...Both?

4. UCE/SPAM

5. Global Address List Display -Last Name VS First name or First name Last name

6. I found error in Evenviewer

7. Last, First..First Last..Both?

8. Galmod Error 80005000

9. GAL last name first

10. Bulk GAL entry Creation from First and Last Name (NT4 and 5.5)

11. First name Last name in GAL

12. Changing GAL to display last name first

13. Display GAL by last name, first name