Exchange group same as NT global group

Post by Crai » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

We use Exchange 5.5.
We have an NT global group, let's say it's called "Management".

I'd like to create an Exchange group with the same members as "Management",
but I'd like it to update automatically when the NT global group is changed.
Is there a way to create an Exchange group that is like a pointer to the NT
group.

Thanks.

Exchange group same as NT global group

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

No built-in provision for this. Start at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q155/4/14.asp

> We use Exchange 5.5.
> We have an NT global group, let's say it's called "Management".

> I'd like to create an Exchange group with the same members as "Management",
> but I'd like it to update automatically when the NT global group is changed.
> Is there a way to create an Exchange group that is like a pointer to the NT
> group.

> Thanks.

group).

Kirill

Exchange group same as NT global group

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> We use Exchange 5.5.
> We have an NT global group, let's say it's called "Management".

> I'd like to create an Exchange group with the same members as
"Management",
> but I'd like it to update automatically when the NT global group is
changed.
> Is there a way to create an Exchange group that is like a pointer to the
NT
> group.

    No way to do this, right now.  When Exchange 2000 is released, on the
other hand, you will simply mail-enable the security group in question.
Ahh, the joys of Active Directory!  <g>

Exchange group same as NT global group

Post by David Brickne » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

<snip>

Quote:> Ahh, the joys of Active Directory!  <g>

Do the joys of active directory outweigh it's complications?

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

><snip>

>> Ahh, the joys of Active Directory!  <g>

>Do the joys of active directory outweigh it's complications?

Do hundreds of exlicit trust relationships simplify your life? Does
managing two (or more) sets of permissions make it easy for you? Does
creating another NT Domain to satisfy the needs of some department
manager's need to exert control over resources get you out of the
office any earlier?

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange group same as NT global group

Post by David Brickne » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Truthfully, very few software improvements in recent years have gotten me
out of the office earlier. There have, however, been many that have kept me
studying more than I would like and forced me in on the weekends.

My most productive system to date was an MRP package running on an VAX, with
VMS, with dumb terminals. It had it all including Word Perfect, e-mail, and
chat, and I could administrate everything on a 2400 baud modem. Sigh.

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> <snip>

> > Ahh, the joys of Active Directory!  <g>

> Do the joys of active directory outweigh it's complications?

    IMO, yes, most definitely!  The increased consistency of administrative
tasks makes life so much simpler.  The much finer granularity in things like
user administration is a GODSEND!  Sure, there's an initial learning curve,
but once you have the basics in hand, it's surprisingly easy to administer.