free/busy data not available for some users

free/busy data not available for some users

Post by Patrick Jo » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:32:09

Hi there,
I am having some problems with free/busy data on my server. Normally if I
plan a meeting I can see the free/busy data of every person I am interested
in. Except two users / mailboxes. I can see there free/busy data sometimes.
Mostly I can't. I was not able to find out any regulars how or when this
happens.

Maybe the free/busy data on the server is corrupt. Is there a possibility to
force exchange to refresh the free/busy data? How can I find out, if the
data is corrupt?

We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 and Outlook 98 / 2000. The folder for
incoming mail delivery is in personal folders. The settings in Outlook
Calendaring Options were OK...

Any Ideas where to look?

--
Patrick Jox

office:
http://www.lexware.de

home:
http://www.joxweb.de

free/busy data not available for some users

Post by Milly Staples - [MVP - Outlook » Mon, 18 Dec 2000 02:21:14

Were these users using Schedule+ for their primary calendar?  If not, try
the switch /cleanfreebusy

--
Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

Considering installing the Outlook Security Patch?
Read these pages first and consider your choices carefully:
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm
[Post all responses ONLY to the newsgroup, please.]

| Hi there,
| I am having some problems with free/busy data on my server. Normally if I
| plan a meeting I can see the free/busy data of every person I am
interested
| in. Except two users / mailboxes. I can see there free/busy data
sometimes.
| Mostly I can't. I was not able to find out any regulars how or when this
| happens.
|
| Maybe the free/busy data on the server is corrupt. Is there a possibility
| force exchange to refresh the free/busy data? How can I find out, if the
| data is corrupt?
|
| We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 and Outlook 98 / 2000. The folder
for
| incoming mail delivery is in personal folders. The settings in Outlook
| Calendaring Options were OK...
|
| Any Ideas where to look?
|
| --
| Patrick Jox
|
| office:
| http://www.lexware.de

| home:
| http://www.joxweb.de

free/busy data not available for some users

Post by Patrick Jo » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:23:03

Milly,
thanks for assistance. Where can I find that switch?

--
Patrick Jox

office:
http://www.lexware.de

home:
http://www.joxweb.de

> Were these users using Schedule+ for their primary calendar?  If not, try
> the switch /cleanfreebusy

> --
> Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

> Considering installing the Outlook Security Patch?
> Read these pages first and consider your choices carefully:
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm
> [Post all responses ONLY to the newsgroup, please.]

> | Hi there,
> | I am having some problems with free/busy data on my server. Normally if
> | plan a meeting I can see the free/busy data of every person I am
> interested
> | in. Except two users / mailboxes. I can see there free/busy data
> sometimes.
> | Mostly I can't. I was not able to find out any regulars how or when this
> | happens.
> |
> | Maybe the free/busy data on the server is corrupt. Is there a
possibility
> | force exchange to refresh the free/busy data? How can I find out, if the
> | data is corrupt?
> |
> | We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 and Outlook 98 / 2000. The folder
> for
> | incoming mail delivery is in personal folders. The settings in Outlook
> | Calendaring Options were OK...
> |
> | Any Ideas where to look?
> |
> | --
> | Patrick Jox
> |
> | office:
> | http://www.lexware.de

> | home:
> | http://www.joxweb.de

free/busy data not available for some users

Post by Arlo Clize » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 02:25:29

Start outlook like this: outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy

Should do the trick!

-Arlo

(Please don't crosspost)

> Milly,
> thanks for assistance. Where can I find that switch?

> --
> Patrick Jox

> office:
> http://www.lexware.de

> home:
> http://www.joxweb.de

> > Were these users using Schedule+ for their primary calendar?  If not,
try
> > the switch /cleanfreebusy

> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

> > Considering installing the Outlook Security Patch?
> > Read these pages first and consider your choices carefully:
> > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm
> > [Post all responses ONLY to the newsgroup, please.]

> > | Hi there,
> > | I am having some problems with free/busy data on my server. Normally
if
> > | plan a meeting I can see the free/busy data of every person I am
> > interested
> > | in. Except two users / mailboxes. I can see there free/busy data
> > sometimes.
> > | Mostly I can't. I was not able to find out any regulars how or when
this
> > | happens.
> > |
> > | Maybe the free/busy data on the server is corrupt. Is there a
> possibility
> > | force exchange to refresh the free/busy data? How can I find out, if
the
> > | data is corrupt?
> > |
> > | We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 and Outlook 98 / 2000. The
folder
> > for
> > | incoming mail delivery is in personal folders. The settings in Outlook
> > | Calendaring Options were OK...
> > |
> > | Any Ideas where to look?
> > |
> > | --
> > | Patrick Jox
> > |
> > | office:
> > | http://www.lexware.de

> > | home:
> > | http://www.joxweb.de

free/busy data not available for some users

Post by Joshua Campbel » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:55:55

Go to the command prompt and type
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /CleanFreeBusy

or, as appropriate.

> Milly,
> thanks for assistance. Where can I find that switch?

> --
> Patrick Jox

> office:
> http://www.lexware.de

> home:
> http://www.joxweb.de

> > Were these users using Schedule+ for their primary calendar?  If not,
try
> > the switch /cleanfreebusy

> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

> > Considering installing the Outlook Security Patch?
> > Read these pages first and consider your choices carefully:
> > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm
> > [Post all responses ONLY to the newsgroup, please.]

> > | Hi there,
> > | I am having some problems with free/busy data on my server. Normally
if
> > | plan a meeting I can see the free/busy data of every person I am
> > interested
> > | in. Except two users / mailboxes. I can see there free/busy data
> > sometimes.
> > | Mostly I can't. I was not able to find out any regulars how or when
this
> > | happens.
> > |
> > | Maybe the free/busy data on the server is corrupt. Is there a
> possibility
> > | force exchange to refresh the free/busy data? How can I find out, if
the
> > | data is corrupt?
> > |
> > | We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 and Outlook 98 / 2000. The
folder
> > for
> > | incoming mail delivery is in personal folders. The settings in Outlook
> > | Calendaring Options were OK...
> > |
> > | Any Ideas where to look?
> > |
> > | --
> > | Patrick Jox
> > |
> > | office:
> > | http://www.lexware.de

> > | home:
> > | http://www.joxweb.de

free/busy data not available for some users

Post by Lieven D'hoor » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 10:44:49

Consider also installing SP4.

> Milly,
> thanks for assistance. Where can I find that switch?

> --
> Patrick Jox

> office:
> http://www.lexware.de

> home:
> http://www.joxweb.de

> > Were these users using Schedule+ for their primary calendar?  If not,
try
> > the switch /cleanfreebusy

> > --
> > Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

> > Considering installing the Outlook Security Patch?
> > Read these pages first and consider your choices carefully:
> > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm
> > [Post all responses ONLY to the newsgroup, please.]

> > | Hi there,
> > | I am having some problems with free/busy data on my server. Normally
if
> > | plan a meeting I can see the free/busy data of every person I am
> > interested
> > | in. Except two users / mailboxes. I can see there free/busy data
> > sometimes.
> > | Mostly I can't. I was not able to find out any regulars how or when
this
> > | happens.
> > |
> > | Maybe the free/busy data on the server is corrupt. Is there a
> possibility
> > | force exchange to refresh the free/busy data? How can I find out, if
the
> > | data is corrupt?
> > |
> > | We are running Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 and Outlook 98 / 2000. The
folder
> > for
> > | incoming mail delivery is in personal folders. The settings in Outlook
> > | Calendaring Options were OK...
> > |
> > | Any Ideas where to look?
> > |
> > | --
> > | Patrick Jox
> > |
> > | office:
> > | http://www.lexware.de

> > | home:
> > | http://www.joxweb.de

1. Free/Busy data not available

Hi Group,

I have just set up an Exchange 2000 server in my Exchange 5.5 organisation -
users that I have moved on to the new Ex2K server can not see any other
users calendar information either on their own server or on the old server.
Occasionally a message pops up saying 'unable to access free/busy data'

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks

Rachel

2. How archiving incoming/outgoing messages

3. NNTP: Junk newsgroup?

4. Free/busy info not available from users in different sites

5. OWA stops working, unless reboot

6. No Free/Busy Data Available For Anyone Past 06/01/03

7. POP Server

8. Free/Busy Info Not Available Post 9/1

9. Free/busy not available

10. Free/Busy Information Not Available

11. not available busy/free information