problem with sending mail

Post by Ko S » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

When I compose a email that is greater that 10 lines, then send it. The
email will just hang for about 30 sec or greater. Then a dialog box with
message unable to connect to exchange server. Its a reoccuring problem.

For some reason when I send email that is less than 10 lines it will send
it without hesitation.

problem with sending mail

Post by Jeffrey G. Gomber » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am getting a "Directory operation (om_get) failed with no data for type
723. [RD Server DISP:ROUTER 10 115] (8)" message in Event Viewer along with
complaints from my Win3.1 Exchange client users that they are unable to
attach files or pass large messages with out getting a Microsoft Exchange
"Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange
server" message on the client's machine.

I'm running Exchange 4.0 SP3 over NT 4.0 SP1.

Any thoughts, foibles, anecdotes?

Jeff Gomberg

> When I compose a email that is greater that 10 lines, then send it. The
> email will just hang for about 30 sec or greater. Then a dialog box with
> message unable to connect to exchange server. Its a reoccuring problem.

> For some reason when I send email that is less than 10 lines it will send
> it without hesitation.

1. Problem in sending mail to the users within the same domain who travels always

 I am facing  a
   problem in Exchange Server 2000. My Problem is, We have
around
120 users here. Out of this, around 20 people are
travelling
always and they are carrying laptops(They are using laptop
only).
 My exchange server is configured and our users can send
and
 recieve mails from outside. All the 120 Users are having
uniqe
 e-mail ID's which ends with same name (for eg :

send mail
 to users who are having only laptop, the mail delivery
fails and
 return back to the sender himself. This happens to the
laptop
 users only. If an in-house  user send a mail to

 or hotmail.com or anything else other than abc.com will
work
 properly. We have a web server "abc.com"(name is not
original)
 and all the 120 users name is defined there. I have tried
 creating custom recipient for laptop users and failed.
Other than
 RAS configuration, anything can be done for this
problem ? Please
 help me to solve this issue. My server is windows 2000
server and
 exchange server 2000. In exchange 5.5, if you create a
custom
 recipient, this problem can be solved. But In Exchange
Server
2000, it is not working. Pls help.

 Thanks and Kind Regards
 George Varughese

2. Distribution lists

3. A big problem of sending mail

4. Accessing other users' folders with CDO

5. Problem to send mail

6. I keep getting Dr. Watson's

7. Problem With Sending Mailing from any client other than OUTLOOK

8. Exchange died...need to recover info store file

9. Reverse DNS problem with sending mail to AOL

10. Problem on sending mail to UNIX/sendmail

11. Reverse DNS problem with sending mail to AOL

12. Error problem when sending mail from Hotmail

13. Problems with sending mail to a particular domain