Out of Office message

Post by The It Ma » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 01:06:01

Hello,

Right now the way I activate a users out of office message for Exchange 5.5
/ Outlook 2000 is to create a user profile on the Exchange server then logon
as that use and enter an Out of office message.
Is there an easier way to turn on users out of office message.

Thanks in advance for Any help with this.
Terry

Out of Office message

Post by Michael Barta [MSFT » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 01:25:37

You are doing it correctly. There is not a way to do that from the server
itself.

Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

Quote:> Hello,

> Right now the way I activate a users out of office message for Exchange
5.5
> / Outlook 2000 is to create a user profile on the Exchange server then
logon
> as that use and enter an Out of office message.
> Is there an easier way to turn on users out of office message.

> Thanks in advance for Any help with this.
> Terry

Out of Office message

Post by Chad » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 03:01:43

You can just login to Outlook Web Access and click Options
and the out of office assistant can be setup from there.
This can be done from any machine as long as you have
admin rights or that users login.

Thanks,
Chad

alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only.
confers no rights.

>> Hello,

>> Right now the way I activate a users out of office

message for Exchange
Quote:>5.5
>> / Outlook 2000 is to create a user profile on the

Exchange server then

Quote:>logon
>> as that use and enter an Out of office message.
>> Is there an easier way to turn on users out of office
message.

>> Thanks in advance for Any help with this.
>> Terry

>.

Out of Office message

Post by The It Ma » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 03:12:30

-
Hi, Actually I am doing this on the Exchange server (i have admin rights)
I have not tried your suggestion about OWA?
I don't see how I can turn on the Out of Office message for a user (NOT for
my account) in the OWA.
Can you give me a bit more info.

Thanks in advance,
Terry

> You can just login to Outlook Web Access and click Options
> and the out of office assistant can be setup from there.
> This can be done from any machine as long as you have
> admin rights or that users login.

> Thanks,
> Chad

Out of Office message

Post by Chad » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 03:51:07

That's fine.  If you have admin rigts you can login to OWA
as any user.  At sign in prompt type the user in question
and you will be logged into owa as that user.  Then click
options and setup the out of office.

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Chad

and
>> confers no rights.

olsbuff.com.nospam>

>> message for Exchange
>> >5.5
>> Exchange server then
>> >logon
>> message.

>> >.

>.

Out of Office message

Post by The It Ma » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 04:32:56

-
Chad,

Thanks for the suggestion and solution.
The OWA procedure makes it a lot easier then going through the hassle of
Logging on to Terminal Service
Create an Outlook user profile
Open Outlook and log on as the use then the task.

Thanks a lot for the fast Great help.

    Terry

> That's fine.  If you have admin rigts you can login to OWA
> as any user.  At sign in prompt type the user in question
> and you will be logged into owa as that user.  Then click
> options and setup the out of office.

> Hope this helps

> Thanks,
> Chad

Out of Office message

Post by Chad » Sun, 09 Nov 2003 04:59:46

Glad I could Help.

have a good one.

Chad

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>-
>Chad,

>Thanks for the suggestion and solution.
>The OWA procedure makes it a lot easier then going

through the hassle of
>Logging on to Terminal Service
>Create an Outlook user profile
>Open Outlook and log on as the use then the task.

>Thanks a lot for the fast Great help.

>    Terry

>> That's fine.  If you have admin rigts you can login to
OWA
>> as any user.  At sign in prompt type the user in
question
>> and you will be logged into owa as that user.  Then
click
>> options and setup the out of office.

>> Hope this helps

>> Thanks,