event ID's 9225 and 9215

Post by Dave N. Ba » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 01:19:19

Assistance needed for event ID's 9225 and 9215; I am seeing multiple events
about every minute on my Exch 5.5 SP4 server.

MESSAGE for 9225:
A sockets error was detected. Bad message type 769 for socket control block
24 in state 2. [BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR 8 255] (14)

MESSAGE for 9215:
A sockets error 0 on a connect() call was detected. The MTA will attempt to
recover the sockets connection. Control block index: 4. [BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR
8 262] (12)

Thanks...
--
Dave N. Bax
Visit Hardtop Racing - the website!

http://www.hardtopracing.com

event ID's 9225 and 9215

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 01:39:48

Visit
 http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG
and search for Boolean expression
exchange and (9225 or 9215)
about All products
against Full text

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. Event ID 9225

Anybody had this error?   Our MTA had a hernia about 4 hours ago and had to
stop and restart a few times and muck around with the control blocks in
Registry.  This error is coming up occasionally.

Event ID 9225
Source  MSExchangeMTA
Type  Warning
Category  Internal Processing
Desc
A sockets error was detected.  Bad message type 6 for socket control block 7
in state 8.  [BASE IL TCP/IP DRVR 8 274] [14]

I might also add that we are having problems with an x400 connector going
thru a PPTP server to another PPTP server back to an exchange server.  When
we disable the x400 the link stays up and we can ping, pcanywhere etc thru
it.  As soon as we enable the x400 connector it kills the link.    LAN and
Demand Dial interfaces in RRAS Admin still says connected but ping either to
it or thru it fails.  If we restart the PPTP machine the link comes back
alive again.

We have 5 other PPTP connections working thru that same PPTP server fine
with an x400 for each of them...  Any ideas peoples???
Matthew

2. INSTALLATION PROBLEMS

3. Event Id 9215

4. Exchange 5.5 and Outlook

5. Event ID 9215

6. 3rd party addins

7. Error Message Event ID 9215.

8. Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2K

9. Event ID 9215

10. A lot of socket errors (Event ID 9215)

11. Exchange 5.5 event id: 9215

12. Event ID 9215 What can I do ?

13. MSExchangeMTA ID 9215