Personal Folders vs. no Personal Folders

Personal Folders vs. no Personal Folders

Post by David H.M. Lamber » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I understand the benefits of not using Personal Folders, but my question is
this:  If a corrupt file (email) is sent to a mailbox, how (if at all) will
that affect the Exchange Server?

David Lambert

Personal Folders vs. no Personal Folders

Post by Dana Lov » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi David.

Exchange stores everything in a database (the type of database changes from
5.0 to 5.5, but it's still a database), meaning that corrupt messages are
stored as corrupt discrete cells.

I use the term discrete to point out that it should have no effect on
neighboring messages.  The edb database structure does, however, have some
corruption problems of its own.  You need to be sure that the hardware
you're using will not allow an unverified write back cache to function,
since a failure in the write back cache could cause corruption.

But that's a whole different thread...

Best regards,

---
Dana Love
Manager, Information Systems
Control Technology Corporation

(508) 435-9595

t>...

> I understand the benefits of not using Personal Folders, but my question
is
> this:  If a corrupt file (email) is sent to a mailbox, how (if at all)
will
> that affect the Exchange Server?

> David Lambert

1. Exchange Store vs Personal Folder File

Dear All!

I plan to switch to Exchange. But my users got used to
keeping their messages in MS Outlook Personal Folder
files. As far as I understand if I start using Exchange
(2000) all theire messages will sit on than Stores of this
server. So this .pst file these users will need no more?
This sounds 'unusual' to some extent.. .

Please who can help me to 'swap' my logical stupidity?

Regards,
Eugene

2. Listserv for Exchange, anybody?

3. Calendar Synching - Exchange vs. Personal Folder

4. Trend ScanMail 3.02 Upgrade to 3.6?

5. Information Store vs. Personal Folders

6. Mulitiple Address Books in MS Exchange?

7. Personal Folders vs Archive

8. Sending Internet mail from UNIX through Exchange

9. Personal Folders vs. File System

10. personal folders vs private store

11. Personal folder vs. Exchange

12. personal folder (deleting the folder from the folder list)

13. public folder synch with outlook personal folder