Unexpected Originator in Mail Que.

Post by Syed Hasnain Ali » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:11:02

Hi,

I am having an exchange server 5.5 on a Windows Adv.Srv machine (previously
NT4.0 PDC). I am getting unexpected originator addresses, not belonging to
my organization on 'Internet Mail Service' Queue of 'outbound  messages
awaiting delivery'. I don't know why.

In the beginning, I get few irrelevant addresses there but today I am
getting 12-18 addressed every 10 minutes. The addresses were from a
commercial site. Currently I am deleting those address manually. Is there
anyone who could help me please.

Regards,
S. Hasnain Ali.

Unexpected Originator in Mail Que.

Post by Zapho » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:28:05

You might be relaying spam! Have a look at this, there is something about
how to stop relaying!

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q266/6/86.ASP?

--
Zaphod

Please keep this discussion in the newsgroup.

Quote:> Hi,

> I am having an exchange server 5.5 on a Windows Adv.Srv machine
(previously
> NT4.0 PDC). I am getting unexpected originator addresses, not belonging to
> my organization on 'Internet Mail Service' Queue of 'outbound  messages
> awaiting delivery'. I don't know why.

> In the beginning, I get few irrelevant addresses there but today I am
> getting 12-18 addressed every 10 minutes. The addresses were from a
> commercial site. Currently I am deleting those address manually. Is there
> anyone who could help me please.

> Regards,
> S. Hasnain Ali.

Unexpected Originator in Mail Que.

Post by Srinivasan R » Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:37:43

Some one using your Exchange server for spamming. In your IMC Connector
Routing tab, make the change to Not reroute incoming messages. Then it will be
OK.

Srini

> Hi,

> I am having an exchange server 5.5 on a Windows Adv.Srv machine (previously
> NT4.0 PDC). I am getting unexpected originator addresses, not belonging to
> my organization on 'Internet Mail Service' Queue of 'outbound  messages
> awaiting delivery'. I don't know why.

> In the beginning, I get few irrelevant addresses there but today I am
> getting 12-18 addressed every 10 minutes. The addresses were from a
> commercial site. Currently I am deleting those address manually. Is there
> anyone who could help me please.

> Regards,
> S. Hasnain Ali.

  rsrini.vcf