Help setting up IMS!!!!

Post by Rob Eblin » Thu, 11 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I want to use exchange to deliver internet email to and from my office.  We
want to do it with a dedicated 28.8 dial up line.   How do I need to set up
the IMS so this will work.  Our company has a registered domain name with
the ISP and they have assigned us an IP number.  How do I proceed?   Please

Thanks for you help.

P.S.  I have RAS configured to dial the ISP so I believe that step can be
skipped.   Also in my first failed attempt I'm getting Too many hops errors
when trying to send.

Rob Ebling

Help setting up IMS!!!!

Post by Andy Web » Fri, 12 Dec 1997 04:00:00

See http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm.  If you have questions
after that, post back here.

Andy Webb

Simpler-Webb, Inc.                Austin, TX     "Mauve has more RAM" -
Dilbert

>I want to use exchange to deliver internet email to and from my office.  We
>want to do it with a dedicated 28.8 dial up line.   How do I need to set up
>the IMS so this will work.  Our company has a registered domain name with
>the ISP and they have assigned us an IP number.  How do I proceed?   Please

>Thanks for you help.

>P.S.  I have RAS configured to dial the ISP so I believe that step can be
>skipped.   Also in my first failed attempt I'm getting Too many hops errors
>when trying to send.

>Rob Ebling

1. Intermittent dial-ups with IMS

I've posted this several times, but have received no response.
Can I at least get a cigar for my efforts?

We are getting intermittent dial-ups with IMS.
Dials up on schedule for a while.
Then starts to produce errors such as:

The dial-up connection 'Erol's' could not be made.
The error reported was: [317]
Event ID: 4106

Tries several more times, then is successful.
Is this normal?
Are there settings that need to be adjusted?
Am I the only one that has this problem?

2. Inbound SMTP fails

4. Accessing custom fields to insert into database

5. Generic email set-ups possible?

6. Internet connectivity and WAN with Exchange

7. Help with setting up IMS

8. Still need help setting up IMS

9. Urgent!!! Help setting up IMS on Exchange 5.0