control Outlook 2002 security features with admpack

control Outlook 2002 security features with admpack

Post by Juergen Pichlbaue » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:09:46

Hi,

Today I've tried to configure the security settings of Outlook 2002
though the "Outlook security settings"-public folder and the
corresponding template.
Everything works fine, despite of the fact, that i am unable to add a
Distribution List to the "Members"-item. I've tried every possible type
of distribution list (e-mail enabled global/local/universal
distribution-list), but the settings only take effect when i enter a
user (except the default setting for all users, which works fine).
What i want to realise is a default "secure" policy for all users,
except for admins (which i want to manage over a distribution-list
instead of adding/removing them directly to/from the members-field).
Nearly forgot: I've got exch2k SP2 running on Win2k Server SP2 (german
versions), client is Win2k SP2 with Outlook 2002
Thanks for your help in advance.

cu,
        Juergen

--
War doesn't determine who's right,
war determines who's left.

control Outlook 2002 security features with admpack

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:41:35

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:09:46 +0200, Juergen Pichlbauer

>Hi,

>Today I've tried to configure the security settings of Outlook 2002
>though the "Outlook security settings"-public folder and the
>corresponding template.
>Everything works fine, despite of the fact, that i am unable to add a
>Distribution List to the "Members"-item. I've tried every possible type
>of distribution list (e-mail enabled global/local/universal
>distribution-list), but the settings only take effect when i enter a
>user (except the default setting for all users, which works fine).
>What i want to realise is a default "secure" policy for all users,
>except for admins (which i want to manage over a distribution-list
>instead of adding/removing them directly to/from the members-field).
>Nearly forgot: I've got exch2k SP2 running on Win2k Server SP2 (german
>versions), client is Win2k SP2 with Outlook 2002
>Thanks for your help in advance.

Don't believe it can be managed by DL.

--
Chris Scharff MVP-Exchange, MCSE
The Mail Resource Center

control Outlook 2002 security features with admpack

Post by Juergen Pichlbaue » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:40:44

Quote:> Don't believe it can be managed by DL.

Well, to me it seems like you're right, but according to the readme
included in the admpack, it should ;)

Here's the interesting part:
Lists the names of members in this security group. If you are using
Exchange 2000 or later server then you can use Distribution Lists (i.e.,
server-based security groups). You must type names individually,
separating each name by a semicolon. If a user's name is entered as a
member of more than one security group, the settings of the most
recently created group will apply, because Outlook looks for the first
item that has the user's name in the To field. Administrator should not
use the address book to enter an alias into the Members field when
creating a security form. The only way to enter an alias into the
Members field is by directly entering it into the field.

Found it on http://www.microsoft.com/Office/ORK/xp/APPNDX/appa11.htm

cu,
        Juergen
--
War doesn't determine who's right,
war determines who's left.

1. Outlook 2002 Quick Find Feature Problem

When using Outlook 2002's quick find feature in my
contacts folder (120 contacts) the search continues
infinitely.  The results are not displayed until I press
the stop button, with no assurance the I have actually
found everything.  I have reapplied Office XP SP2, but
still have the same problem.  Any ideas?

2. Exch 5.5. Setup

3. Outlook Security Templates 2000 and 2002 Problems

4. User cannot receive emails

5. Outlook 2002 Security Administration package problem

6. Install Ex5.5 SP1 on a brand new server?

7. Outlook 2002 & E-mail Security

8. Integrity checking on live server (Exchange)

9. Outlook 2002 -Attachment Security Warning

10. Assign Macro to Control Button in Excell 2002 xp

11. Outlook security feature

12. Outlook Security Features Administrative Package

13. Outlook Security Features Administrative Package Performance Problems