Auto-forwarding not working

Post by Jim McLai » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Auto-forwarding to an internet email address is not working for us.  I have
set up rules in Outlook 97, 98 and Exchange client but none of them will
forward to an outside email address.

I have tried sending it to a plain email address and created a custom
recipient.  Neither of them work.

Auto-forwarding to another mailbox or folder works fine.

The only way it will work is if I specify that address as a custom recipient
and make them an alternate recipient to the user.  I don't want to do this
though since I don't want to forward everything, just messages that fit
certain rules.

I am running Exchange 5.5 SP1, Outlook 97 & 98 primarily.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

Auto-forwarding not working

Post by David Welc » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

You have the Internet Mail Service set up to not allow automatic replies to
the Internet

DW

Auto-forwarding not working

Post by Jim McLai » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I fifured it out about 2 minutes after I posted this.

Thanks, though.

Jim

>You have the Internet Mail Service set up to not allow automatic replies to
>the Internet

>DW

1. Auto-forwarding not working

Auto-forwarding to an internet email address is not working for us.  I have
set up rules in Outlook 97, 98 and Exchange client but none of them will
forward to an outside email address.

I have tried sending it to a plain email address and created a custom
recipient.  Neither of them work.

Auto-forwarding to another mailbox or folder works fine.

The only way it will work is if I specify that address as a custom recipient
and make them an alternate recipient to the user.  I don't want to do this
though since I don't want to forward everything, just messages that fit
certain rules.

I am running Exchange 5.5 SP1, Outlook 97 & 98 primarily.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

2. HUGE PROBLEM!!!!! Can not access OWA anymore..HELP!

3. HELP: auto forwarding not working to outside addresses

4. Exchange 2000 SMTP Connector on DMZ

5. AutoForwarding not working

6. message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server

7. Autoforwarding not working.

8. Moving Files to a new Server

9. Autoforwarding not working properly

10. auto forwarding of smtp email does not work

11. Auto-forward attachments not working on some (one) accounts

12. Auto Forward to Internet E-mail Does not work

13. Auto forwarding rule does not work.