Attachment Size and Exchange 2003

Post by Paul Wochnic » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:37:33

We are running a new Exchange 2003 server with Windows
2003 (we only have one exchange server). I am having
trouble setting the default size limit for attachments. I
am trying to set it to 5 MB but its not working. It won't
send an attachment larger then 2 MB.

I've gone into the System Manager and set the default size
to 5 MB under Global Settings/Message Delivery/Defaults. I
have also checked the default smtp virtual server under
the messages tab and confirmed that limit message size and
session size are not checked.

Is there a piece that I am missing?

Thanks,

Paul Wochnick

Attachment Size and Exchange 2003

Post by Kristin » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:16:39

Here are the 3 places I've changed it on mine and its
working:

Global Settings, Message Delivery, Properties, Defaults tab

Servers, Servername, Protocols, SMTP, Def SMTP Virutal
Server, Properties, Messages tab

Connectors, Internet Mail SMTP Connector, Properties,
Content Restrictions tab

Hope that helps!

Kristina

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We are running a new Exchange 2003 server with Windows
>2003 (we only have one exchange server). I am having
>trouble setting the default size limit for attachments. I
>am trying to set it to 5 MB but its not working. It won't
>send an attachment larger then 2 MB.

>I've gone into the System Manager and set the default
size
>to 5 MB under Global Settings/Message Delivery/Defaults.
>have also checked the default smtp virtual server under
>the messages tab and confirmed that limit message size
and
>session size are not checked.

>Is there a piece that I am missing?

>Thanks,

>Paul Wochnick
>.

1. Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2

Hi,

yesterday I performed a clean install of Windows 2003, with Exchange 2003 RC1 and Office 2003 Beta 2, just as is recommended on the exchange 2003 site. On the site there is also mentioned to obtain an office 2003 update:
  To install the Office 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh:

    1.. Install Office 2003 Beta 2.
    2.. Use the Microsoft Office Update detection tool to detect and install the Office System 2003 Beta 2 Technical Refresh.
When I use the detection tool no update is found, I also can not find the technical refresh as a downloadable file. But Outlook 2003 does not work.

Has someone experienced the same problem?
Does anyone know where to get the update?

Thanks!

Marco

2. email forwarding

3. Exchange 2003 question about database size limit

4. where to put the server mail exchange?

5. exchange 2003 - size limitation

6. How do I uninstall Exchange Server?

7. I want different mesage size for the internal traffic ( Exchange 2003 Titanium)

8. Attachments stuck in oudbound Queue IMC

9. Exchange 2003 - Blocked attachments

10. Exchange 2003 OWA Attachment blocking

11. Block attachments in Exchange 2000 and 2003

12. How to block *.exe *.pif attachment in Exchange 2003

13. Migrating Exchange 5.5 on Win 2K to Exchange 2003 on a new Win 2003 server