Changing Primary Windows NT Account

Post by Simon Hyam » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am running Exchange Server 5.5 SP1. When I change the Primary Windows NT
account used by a mailbox it does not take effect immediately. I only have
one server in the site. This has only started happening over the last few
weeks. No service packs have been added or any config changed for over 4
months.

Simon Hyams

Changing Primary Windows NT Account

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

(Thanks to Richard)

The IS refreshes its cache every two hours. You can change that with a
minor registry adjustment explained in this MS KB article:

Q179065 "XADM: Changes to Primary Windows NT Account Do Not Take
Effect".

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.