incoming mail problem

Post by Pete » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:50:07

I am having a problem with our Mail server.  It is NT 4
SP6a EX 55 SP4, Groupshield.  Nothing really changed on
the server.  maybe some DNS info but no major changes.
Over the last several weeks users are reporting that
incoming mail is delayed (hours or days) or
undeliverable.  This is happening to a number of sites
sending into our server.  I have been using hotmail as a
test and it is able to send mail to our server without a
problem.  But there are sites that are unable to send mail
at all.  Also when telnetting into the SMTP connector
there is quite a lag 5 - 10 Seconds.  I assumed the
problem was DNS related but everything seems to check out
fine.
Has anyone experience heard of similar problems.  I am
almost at the end of my rope with this problem.  I cannot
seem to find any data or fixes that make sense.

Thanks in Advance.
Pete V.

1. incoming mail problem

We have built a windows 2000 Exchange server using POPcon (by
Christensen-software)to retrieve POP3 email from the ISP. The problem
occurs when we retrieve mail from the ISP, mail appears to be forwarded

We have set up a domain called companyname.co.uk with a prewindows 2000
domain of companyname.

A non-delivery is returned to all senders whilst some receipients
receive the mail and others don't.

Can anyone please advise why companyname.co.uk is appearing before the
username.

Mark

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. non SMTP mail relaying

3. Incoming mail problem

4. inbox assistant, sent items, Outlook 2000

5. <None>

6. Incoming Mail Problems

7. Error when moving Exchange 2K databases

8. Remote site incoming mail problem

9. Incoming mail problem

10. Pop 3 incoming mail problem

11. incoming mail problem