microsoft schedule+free/busy connector

Post by Susan Wa » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I inherited a exchange post office (version 4). I upgraded it to 5.5 sp3. In
the recpients container there is a 'Microsoft schedule+Free/Busy Connector'

Can anyone tell me what this is used for? or if it is even needed and can be
deleted?

Clients at one time ran schedule+ but have all been moved to Outlook 2000.

Thanks
Susan Way
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Res Ctr

microsoft schedule+free/busy connector

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I inherited a exchange post office (version 4). I upgraded it to 5.5 sp3.
In
> the recpients container there is a 'Microsoft schedule+Free/Busy
Connector'

> Can anyone tell me what this is used for? or if it is even needed and can
be
> deleted?

> Clients at one time ran schedule+ but have all been moved to Outlook 2000.

    This connector is used to synchronize free/busy times with MS Mail
users.  Do you have any MS Mail users in your enterprise/office?  If not,
then run Exchange setup and remove MS Mail support.  Doing so will also
remove this connector.  Users connecting directly to an Exchange server
store their free/busy times in a special, hidden public folder (one folder
per site).

microsoft schedule+free/busy connector

Post by Susan Wa » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

You are right, ran setup and the MS Mail connector is installed. It looks
like I have to reinstall the exchange server part again to remove this
connector. Does the CD ROM really overwright what's on the server? Do you
know if this requires stopping the exchange services or a server reboot?

Thanks for your help with this.

Susan

> > I inherited a exchange post office (version 4). I upgraded it to 5.5
sp3.
> In
> > the recpients container there is a 'Microsoft schedule+Free/Busy
> Connector'

> > Can anyone tell me what this is used for? or if it is even needed and
can
> be
> > deleted?

> > Clients at one time ran schedule+ but have all been moved to Outlook
2000.

>     This connector is used to synchronize free/busy times with MS Mail
> users.  Do you have any MS Mail users in your enterprise/office?  If not,
> then run Exchange setup and remove MS Mail support.  Doing so will also
> remove this connector.  Users connecting directly to an Exchange server
> store their free/busy times in a special, hidden public folder (one folder
> per site).

1. Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

Using Exchange 5.5 Administrator, the mailbox resources page shows that the
Mailbox - Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector has mail in it, but I
can't view the contents of the mailbox.
It is very important that I delete the mail in this mailbox, so any help
would be greatly appreciated!

2. AD User creation with Ldifde Does not Create Exchange Mailbox!!

3. Domain Confusion

4. hiding Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

5. Can not recived external email.

6. Exchange Server 5.5 Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector help

7. Tracking e-mail

8. Error with Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

9. microsoft schedule + free busy connector!... please help

10. microsoft schedule+ free/busy connector

11. Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector

12. Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector problems