Microsoft exchange server 5.5 mail will not come in but will go out

Microsoft exchange server 5.5 mail will not come in but will go out

Post by jb » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

urgent urgent

Installed MS Exchange 5.5 as mail server all was well DNS was changed over
to IP but mail will go out but not in.  Resintalled IMS checked everything
what could it be?

Post by Rich Matheis » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>urgent urgent

>Installed MS Exchange 5.5 as mail server all was well DNS was changed over
>to IP but mail will go out but not in.  Resintalled IMS checked everything
>what could it be?

It could be that your ISP is depositing your mail in a mailbox,
expecting you to use a POP3 client to read it.

Microsoft exchange server 5.5 mail will not come in but will go out

Post by Mark D. Alle » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Try telnetting to port 25 of your Exchange server by IP Address, then by
FQDN, and like the others said, check your MX record according to whoever's
hosting your DNS.

Quote:>urgent urgent

>Installed MS Exchange 5.5 as mail server all was well DNS was changed over
>to IP but mail will go out but not in.  Resintalled IMS checked everything
>what could it be?

1. Mail not going out but is Coming in

Hi

I have just upgraded our Excahnge 5.5 site to Exchange
2000.  All of our internal mail works fine.  Mail coming
in from external sources also is fine. However when ever
we try sending an e-mail from Outlook 2000 to an any
external e-mail address it bounces back with the following:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended
recipients.