1. Remote user cannot connect to Exchange server
I have a mobile user who uses a laptop with Windows 95. He dials into
our network via RAS to receive e-mail. Here's the problem which
started about a month ago.
When he dials into our network, he is authenticated and connects with
no problems or errors. When he opens Outlook 98 to retrieve his
messages, it opens and then nothing happens. He presses F5 to
send/receive. No new messages are delivered, and no Outbound messages
are sent. He can ping our Exchange 5.0 server though. To verify that
he can talk to the Exchange server, I had him go to his Outlook
properties and click on "Check Name" and it found it on the server.
If I have him remove the Microsoft Exchange Server service from his
Outlook properties and have him add it back, Outlook then finds the
server and mail is transfered.
Just to make sure this worked, I had him disconnect his dial-up
connection and had him reconnect and open Outlook again. Worked fine.
But as soon as he shuts off his laptop or reboots it, e-mail doesn't
work again. He ensures me that he is closing Windows properly, but you
know how users are.
Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any ideas? The user is in
the US and I'm in Canada, so it may be difficult to re-install Outlook
or the OS. If you have any ideas, please let me know.
Mark Sebastian, MCSE
HMV North America
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
2. Outlook and Exchange 2000
3. Connecting users to a remote exchange(pop3) server
4. Old spam emails still hiding
5. Remote 9x users VPN to Win2k Domain/Exchange 2000
6. exchange 5.5 to 2000
7. Remote DSL-VPN users getting Exchange timeouts
8. I need to restore the data in the mailbox of each user.
9. Remote Users cannot access Exchange Server
10. User cannot connect to Exchange Server
11. Mac Exchange User Cannot Connect To New Server
12. User cannot connect to Exchange server after reboot
13. Cannot connect users to exchange server from the internet