Remote users cannot connect to Exchange Server through vpn

Remote users cannot connect to Exchange Server through vpn

Post by MVP » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:24:16

What errors if any are the users getting?  Can you ping the Exchange Server
by name when connected through the VPN?  What does the synchronization log
say?

--
John Oliver, Jr.
MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi all,

Post by Jaff Zhefu Fa » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:02:22

Hi all,

We have NT+ Exchange 5.5 on Headoffice. Remote/Moblie users connect to
Headoffice through VPN, and access email through vpn with Outlook2000.

I don't know what's wrong recently those remote users couldn't connect to
Exchange Server any more(accessing files on server is ok). we didn't change
anything. When I put those laptops used by remote users on Lan, everything
is fine.like conecting to exchange server and sending/receiving email.

What can I do resovle this problem

Thanks

Jeff Fan

1. Remote user cannot connect to Exchange server

I have a mobile user who uses a laptop with Windows 95.  He dials into
our network via RAS to receive e-mail.  Here's the problem which
started about a month ago.

When he dials into our network, he is authenticated and connects with
no problems or errors.  When he opens Outlook 98 to retrieve his
messages, it opens and then nothing happens.  He presses F5 to
send/receive.  No new messages are delivered, and no Outbound messages
are sent.  He can ping our Exchange 5.0 server though.  To verify that
he can talk to the Exchange server, I had him go to his Outlook
properties and click on "Check Name" and it found it on the server.

If I have him remove the Microsoft Exchange Server service from his
Outlook properties and have him add it back, Outlook then finds the
server and mail is transfered.

Just to make sure this worked, I had him disconnect his dial-up
connection and had him reconnect and open Outlook again.  Worked fine.

But as soon as he shuts off his laptop or reboots it, e-mail doesn't
work again. He ensures me that he is closing Windows properly, but you
know how users are.

Has anyone ever had this problem before?  Any ideas?  The user is in
the US and I'm in Canada, so it may be difficult to re-install Outlook
or the OS.  If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark Sebastian, MCSE
LAN Supervisor
HMV North America

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Outlook and Exchange 2000

3. Connecting users to a remote exchange(pop3) server

4. Old spam emails still hiding

5. Remote 9x users VPN to Win2k Domain/Exchange 2000

6. exchange 5.5 to 2000

7. Remote DSL-VPN users getting Exchange timeouts

8. I need to restore the data in the mailbox of each user.

9. Remote Users cannot access Exchange Server

10. User cannot connect to Exchange Server

11. Mac Exchange User Cannot Connect To New Server

12. User cannot connect to Exchange server after reboot

13. Cannot connect users to exchange server from the internet