Multiple Distribution list modifiers

Post by hank clar » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

How can I allow multiple users to modify a distribution list membership?

We have a DL of faculty that is too large for one person to maintain.

HankC

Multiple Distribution list modifiers

Post by Chris Scharf » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Add additional users under the permissions tab as owners. They won't be
listed as an owner in the GAL view of the DL, but they will have the ability
to add/remove members. If you have all of your users on Exchange, using
templates when creating accounts, can automatically include users in some
DL's.

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
Black & veatch LLP

Quote:>How can I allow multiple users to modify a distribution list membership?

>We have a DL of faculty that is too large for one person to maintain.

>HankC

1. People on multiple distribution lists get multiple messages

We are running NT4, SP6 with Exchange 5.5.  Our non-profit organization has
many distribution lists, and many volunteers are on multiple lists.  The
problem is a message sent to multiple distribution lists in the "To:" box
results in multiple copies of the same message going to folks.  I am a board
member, on the MIS committee and I'm a committee chair.  A message sent to
the board DL, the MIS DL and the committee chairs DL will result in the same
message appearing three times in my inbox.

Happens whether the mail is sent from within the organization or from
outside.

 It's driving a couple of our volunteers/donor nuts and they threaten to
quit if I can fix this.  Help me, Mr/Ms Wizards out there please?

Thanks,

Chris Altwegg
--------
Chris Altwegg
8203 38th Avenue NE, Seattle, WA  98115
206-523-6477 phone/cell -- 206-523-6401 fax

2. NT4.0 Anti Virus!

3. Distribution List of Distribution Lists

4. A tough question -- do you know the meaning of error HrReadVerify Failure happens.

5. Moving Personal Distribution Lists to Gloabl Distribution Lists

6. Outlook to Exch 5.5 login problem

7. Outlook abends when sending to multiple distribution lists

8. IMC & Dirsynch together?????

9. Routing and Multiple Distribution Lists

10. Server sends multiple messages to external distribution list

11. Multiple owners on a Distribution List in E5.5

12. Multiple owners...Distribution Lists

13. Multiple distribution list editors?