move message to public folder problem

Post by LLam » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:25:48

Hi, everybody

I has faced a problem when I use Outlook 2000 conneted to
Exchange 2000 server.

The problem is, when I (logon as a normal user only)
receives a incoming e-mail, I moves it to a public folder
whose ownership is not me; then I doscoves that I does not
have permission to delete the message that I has just
placed to?

As when I logon using Exchange Administrator's acount and
read the permission of that public folder, the "Default"
is already set to "Author"

Anyone please help mt to solve this illusion !!

Thanks in advanced.

Regards
LLam.D

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 09:59:34

>I has faced a problem when I use Outlook 2000 conneted to
>Exchange 2000 server.

>The problem is, when I (logon as a normal user only)
>receives a incoming e-mail, I moves it to a public folder
>whose ownership is not me;

Okay. You don't have to be the owner.

Quote:>then I doscoves that I does not
>have permission to delete the message that I has just
>placed to?

Sure. You can have permission to create an item in a folder but still
be denied permission to delete that item. This is quite normal.

Quote:>As when I logon using Exchange Administrator's acount and
>read the permission of that public folder, the "Default"
>is already set to "Author"

That may be the role assigned to the "Default" user, but what is YOUR
role in the list of permissions?

Quote:>Anyone please help mt to solve this illusion !!

There's no illusion. Your role may be "Custom" and you may not have
permission tp delete anything from that folder.

Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP