MTA filling event log, Event ID 9997

Post by Richard Johnso » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I'm setting up an exchange server. It is working fine (as far as I can
tell). All the services are running and it doesn't report any
errors.....every 15 seconds the following notice is placed in the
application event log, eventually, rapidly, filling it up:

The description for Event ID ( 9997 ) in Source ( MSExchangeMTA ) could not
be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): File:
'I:\MTA\src\emsmta\sysglue\sbmifwnt.c', line: 1720, MTAtid: 3, NTtid: 401,
GetDiskFreeSpace() Returned Error: 5(0x00000005).

This is exchange server 5.5 evaluation copy with SP2 installed. The server
is NT 4.0 with SP4. 16GB HD and 550MB RAM. Exchange is installed on C: with
1 GB available. The info stores are on D: with almost 15GB available. Can
anyone tell me what this is and how to stop it? Thanks.

----------------------------------
Richard Johnson
Network Administrator
City of Albany, NY

1. MTA filling event log, Event ID 9997

[...]

2. Message Filtering

3. Connectors

4. Event ID 9997-MTA Service

5. Tricky question about re routing email

6. Events with event ID's 179 and 180 are filling up my application log

7. Recovery Server Help

8. Event ID 8206 fills event log

9. MTA event 9997?

10. Event ID 9997

11. Event ID ( 9997 ) in Source ( MSExchangeMTA ) could not be found

12. Event ID 9997