Config/tuning Exch for Mass mailing

Post by Bill Robinso » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

My company uses Exchange 5.5 to send mail to our customers as well as our
corporate mail server.  We send this mail in bulk mail sessions (250K and
up).  I am looking for any info on how to optimize exchange for this task.
Advice/books/websites/events all welcome.

Thanks for the help,
Bill

Config/tuning Exch for Mass mailing

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Separate spindles for MTA database, transaction logs and IMC directory.
DNS server on LAN.
P.S. You may want to reconsider Exchange as bulk e-mailer. Sendmail on Linux
will be much more efficient.

> My company uses Exchange 5.5 to send mail to our customers as well as our
> corporate mail server.  We send this mail in bulk mail sessions (250K and
> up).  I am looking for any info on how to optimize exchange for this task.
> Advice/books/websites/events all welcome.

> Thanks for the help,
> Bill

group).

Kirill

1. Mass config of public contact folders as address books

Is there anyway to set every folder in the Company Contacts folder as an
address book in outlook for every user ?

We have about 250 folders in the Company Contacts section, and after moving
them around, every user needs to set each one as an address book.

Olly

ADSSupport.net
http://www.adssupport.net
Dedicated free Active Directory ServicesT support

2. Recovery of mailboxes

3. how do i config pop3 send and recive mail on exch serv 2000

4. Contact & PAB (Personal Address Book)

5. Need Recommendations on Disk Subsystem Config for Exch

6. email to external user delay

7. outlook (full client use with Coroporate config) over internet to exch 5.5

8. Cliente doen't work after 5.5 SP1 installation

9. Internet Mail Service and mass mails in out queue

10. SQL Mail Performance for mass mailing

11. Problems mailing from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2000 in same site

12. Moving mail server (Exch 2000) from site to data center (also Exch 2000)

13. exch 5.5 - how to import/copy mail boxes from backup to new w2k Server exch 5.5