event ID:1023

Post by Kenny He [M » Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:29:19

Hi Durgesh,

In most cases, the 1023 events are harmless. You needn't worry about it.
For more information, please refer to the articles below:

259578.KB.EN-US XADM: Event ID 11 Or 1023 Appear When Starting Exchange
Event Service
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;259578

188594.KB.EN-US XADM: Event ID 1023 Reports Logon Failure Audit
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;188594

If there is anything else that I can do for you, don't hesitate to let me
know. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Kenny He
Microsoft Online Support Professional

1. Error in Application Event Log. Event ID 1023

I'm receiving the following error in my Event log....
======
Event Type:     Failure Audit
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Private
Event Category: Logons
Event ID:       1023
Date:           9/23/2003
Time:           10:12:12 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MAIL
PE_DOMAIN\service was validated as /o=Perteet
Engineering/ou=PE_DOMAIN/cn=Recipients/CN=NAIPE_DOMAINMAIL
 but was unable to log on
to /O=Company_Name/OU=PE_DOMAIN/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=CAROL C.
======

I get this same error consecutively for several minutes
to where the event log will fill up with hundreds of
these messages.  The strange thing is that the mailbox
that it refers to has been deleted for years.  This has
been going on for a long time but my predicessor didn't
find a need to figure out why.  Does anyone have any
suggestions.

I'm running Exchange 5.5 (Build 2653.23;  Service Pack 4)
on a Windows 2000 sp3, in a NT4 Domain.

2. GAL: Recipient information partially visible

3. Error with Event ID: 1023,Event Source: POP3SVC

4. How do we do this?

5. Event ID 1023 in Event Log

6. interface outlook forms

7. Event ID 1023 in event logs

8. "ghost" user in Exchange

9. Event ID 1023

10. event Id = 1023

11. Event ID 1023 Failure Audit Errors

12. HELP ||||||| Event ID 1023 - MSExchangeIS Private

13. Event ID 1023 - Failure Audit