Limit

Post by Mick » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:38:32

Hi,
I would like to know if is possible to limit the message size for a group
when they send the message on the internet and I don't want the limit if the
send something inside the company. I use Exchange 5.5 SP3.

Thanks

Limit

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Message size limit can be imposed on
mailbox level
MTA level
connector level

Choose the one that yuo like.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

Limit

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 02 Nov 2000 11:07:32

>I would like to know if is possible to limit the message size for a group
>when they send the message on the internet and I don't want the limit if the
>send something inside the company. I use Exchange 5.5 SP3.

No, that's not possible. Limits applied at the connector/gateway are
enforced for everyone.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Mailbox Limit Exceeded / Message Length Exceeds Administrative Limit

I have just installed a new Server/Exchange 2000 server a
problem has developed on certain user accounts that when
you send a email to that user, it is returned saying that
their mailbox is full or message length exceeds
administative limit. When in fact the user is bringing all
their mail to a local .pst file.
If you browse the mail box on the client pc it shows that
there is no mail there and all items are stored in their
personal folder. If you use the exchange server manager
and look at the users mailbox,it registers there, that it
has 30 meg in it and 315 items.

Can any one shed any light as to why it is doing this, the
default storage mailbox limits have been set to 20MB and
the maximum send and receive is set at 5MB. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

2. OWA do not accept passwords

3. How2: Limit mailbox size - a workable limit ?

4. Custom User properties incorrectly displayed

5. How to costumize warning message limit (issue warning limit)

6. Recovering mail from OST

7. limiting the administrative limits

8. Exch5.5 - Perfmon to move 26G Database to another drive

9. Warning Mesej from administrator about storage limit (Your mailbox is over its size limit)

10. Limit Internal Spam - Limit outgoing senders

11. To limit or not to limit...

12. mailbox over its size limit is showing wrong limit value

13. Public Folder and mailbox limit limited to 2 GB