how to remove stranded mailbox

Post by news.microsoft.co » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

All:
        After I moved thousands of mailbox to new server, I found there are
10 stranded mailboxes still located on old server mailbox resources. 3 of
them can also be found under GAL. so they were cleaned by moving  these
mailboxes to old server .

        other 7 could not be found from other container(GAL, recipients,
server recipients ,etc), they were only showed under old server's mailbox
resources.

        I heard there is a way to remove it from Raw mode.
any detail instruction  you can submit?

thanks
kevin xiong
MCSE.

how to remove stranded mailbox

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Did you ever consider a ds/is consistency adjustment?  Read up on this
first.

--
David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
Exchange MVP  Ottawa, Canada

Quote:> All:
>         After I moved thousands of mailbox to new server, I found there
are
> 10 stranded mailboxes still located on old server mailbox resources. 3 of
> them can also be found under GAL. so they were cleaned by moving  these
> mailboxes to old server .

>         other 7 could not be found from other container(GAL, recipients,
> server recipients ,etc), they were only showed under old server's mailbox
> resources.

>         I heard there is a way to remove it from Raw mode.
> any detail instruction  you can submit?

> thanks
> kevin xiong
> MCSE.

how to remove stranded mailbox

Post by kevin xion » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Dave , I did the DS consistency check for all servers(include the full
update), no problem, I have not run eseutil /mh  or /g for priv yet.

thanks
kevin xiong

>Did you ever consider a ds/is consistency adjustment?  Read up on this
>first.

>--
>David Sengupta  MCSE, CCA
>Exchange MVP  Ottawa, Canada
>Exchange FAQ - http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

>> All:
>>         After I moved thousands of mailbox to new server, I found there
>are
>> 10 stranded mailboxes still located on old server mailbox resources. 3 of
>> them can also be found under GAL. so they were cleaned by moving  these
>> mailboxes to old server .

>>         other 7 could not be found from other container(GAL, recipients,
>> server recipients ,etc), they were only showed under old server's mailbox
>> resources.

>>         I heard there is a way to remove it from Raw mode.
>> any detail instruction  you can submit?

>> thanks
>> kevin xiong
>> MCSE.

how to remove stranded mailbox

Post by kevin xion » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

both IS and DS are consistent, any suggestion?

thanks