Web Access Re-install

Post by John Moscri » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I need to re-install outlook web access.  Is there any way of doing that
without removing and re-installing the whole of exchange?  Surely there
must be right?

MTIA

John

Web Access Re-install

Post by Amiri Jon » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I need to re-install outlook web access.  Is there any way of doing that
>without removing and re-installing the whole of exchange?  Surely there
>must be right?

        Rerun Exchange setup, select Add/Remove, and uncheck the OWA box.
Let it uninstall, and then run setup again, select Add/Remove and check the
OWA box.

Web Access Re-install

Post by John Moscri » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Amiri

Thanks for the reply.  But I've only got the Back Office CDs and it seems to
install diferently.  When I try to run the Exchange set up from the Back Office
CD I only get install and update options.  Clicking on the already installed
Web Access results in a 'the component is already installed and can't be
moified' message.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated?

Thanks

John

> >I need to re-install outlook web access.  Is there any way of doing that
> >without removing and re-installing the whole of exchange?  Surely there
> >must be right?

>         Rerun Exchange setup, select Add/Remove, and uncheck the OWA box.
> Let it uninstall, and then run setup again, select Add/Remove and check the
> OWA box.

Web Access Re-install

Find the one that has Exchange on it and run setup.exe from it.

--
Questions will not be answered via e-mail.

Web Access Re-install

Post by Ron Spadafora - MC » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:16:26 +0100, John Moscrip

>Amiri

>Thanks for the reply.  But I've only got the Back Office CDs and it seems to
>install diferently.  When I try to run the Exchange set up from the Back Office
>CD I only get install and update options.  Clicking on the already installed
>Web Access results in a 'the component is already installed and can't be
>moified' message.

Look on CD3 of the backoffice cd's (that's the cd the exchange setup
program is on for BO 4.0).  If you have a different version, it may be
on a different cd?

>Any thoughts would be most appreciated?

>Thanks

>John

>> >I need to re-install outlook web access.  Is there any way of doing that
>> >without removing and re-installing the whole of exchange?  Surely there
>> >must be right?

>>         Rerun Exchange setup, select Add/Remove, and uncheck the OWA box.
>> Let it uninstall, and then run setup again, select Add/Remove and check the
>> OWA box.

Ronald J. Spadafora, Jr.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer +I

Web Access Re-install

Post by John Moscri » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Thanks to all who replied.  I eventually got there. :)

The set up file on BO4 (on my copy anyway) is srvrmax.exe.

Thanks again.

John

> I need to re-install outlook web access.  Is there any way of doing that
> without removing and re-installing the whole of exchange?  Surely there
> must be right?

> MTIA

> John

1. Exch 5.5 sp3-Outlook web access not installing to W2K-AS (non-cluster)

I setup a test Win2000 Advanced Server, then installed Exchange 5.5 (base).
During the setup, it said that the OWA component could not be installed
unless a specific hotfix was installed. I went on to install sp3 for
Exch5.5, thinking that afterwards I could go back and install the OWA
component. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the message, saying I need the
specified hotfix.  got the hotfix specified in the message, but when I
attempted to install it, it said the hotfix was only for NT
4.0.....gggrrrrrrrr.....

The W2KAS machine does not have the clustering support configured or active
(at least, I don't think it does....), as I know it is not compatible with
the OWA component of Exch 5.5.

Anyone else with this problem, or know of a solution?

Thanks!

2. Autoaccept script for resources

3. Exchange web access tool other than Outlook Web access

4. Exchange as SMTP only

5. Problem Installing Web Outlook Access.

6. Public folder rules

7. after installing ms00-081 my IIS Exchange 5.5 web access

8. Moving Exchange 2000 server to different box

9. web access connector won't install for exchange 5.5

10. Outlook Web Access - How to install on second IIS Server

11. How to install Outlook web access

12. Problems installing Outlook Web Access

13. How to install WEB access to MSX on the second server in the site