upgrading from 5.5 standard to 5.5 enterprise

upgrading from 5.5 standard to 5.5 enterprise

Post by Tito Madri » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 06:26:15

Is this still technically possible - I'm sure I'll have to pay to upgrade to
the Exchange 2000 enterprise - no problem - but technically, can I still
upgrade my working version of 5.5 standard to the enterprise version - my IS
is about 14.5GB and I should probably bite the bullet soon.  If the answer
is yes - how?  Will it be a new install over the old, a registry change,...

thanks

upgrading from 5.5 standard to 5.5 enterprise

Post by Muhammed Ismail [MSFT » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:28:20

Hi Tito,

Yes you should still be able to do this.  I don't think you can purchase
Exchange 5.5 anymore, but if you have a boxed version of Exchange 2000
Enterprise, the Exchange 5.5 Enterprise CD should be in there as well.

Just put the CD in, select 'reinstall' and reapply your service pack / post
Service Pack hotfixes.  That should be it.

170280 XADM: Upgrading From Exchange Server Standard Edition to the
Enterprise
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170280

--
Sincerely,

Muhammed Ismail, MCSE, MCAD

Quote:> Is this still technically possible - I'm sure I'll have to pay to upgrade