0x80040115 occurred in maintenance thread

0x80040115 occurred in maintenance thread

Post by Martin Jone » Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:48:23

Everything working all okay on Mail Cluster  with Exchange
5.5 sp4 on Windows 2000 Cluster
Sybari Antigen 7.0 AV software

Then out of the blue, no one could connect - can only see
the error :
Event ID 7
Source MSExchangeES
An unexpected error [0x80040115] occurred in maintence
thread.

in the Event log - swapped the node on the cluster -
everthing starts all okay - users back in okay
no other errors are recorded

The only Technet article with reference to this error
refers to doing restores - hence no applicable

From scanning the newsgroups - no definite answers to why
this happens - Why did this occur ?
- how can I prevent it happening again ?

cheers
Martin

0x80040115 occurred in maintenance thread

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 04:21:41

 It is difficult to say what caused your issue.   However MSExchangeES is
the Event Service.  It is a non-essential service, you do not need this
running unless you are doing server side scripting.  The ES depends on the
Information Store.  So the problem was likely with that service. Was a
user.dmp file created at the time.  If so, you can send it to PSS for
analysis and we can tell you what caused the problem.  Please do not send it
to me as a Debug engineer will need to analyze it and an incident would need
to be opened.

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support