Can Exchange not deal with multi-part messages in MIME format?

Post by Gavin Connaughto » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Can Exchange not deal with multi-part messages in MIME format?

We have Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 97 as the client. Multi-part messages in
MIME format always come out looking messy - you can see all the HTML.

Thanks,

Gavin

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Can Exchange not deal with multi-part messages in MIME format?

>We have Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 97 as the client. Multi-part messages in
>MIME format always come out looking messy - you can see all the HTML.

Do you have a problem with OL98 or with Outlook Express? Maybe it's
the client that has the problem. I don't think that OL97 handled
MIME/HTML messages.

Can Exchange not deal with multi-part messages in MIME format?

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>>Can Exchange not deal with multi-part messages in MIME format?

>>We have Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 97 as the client. Multi-part messages in
>>MIME format always come out looking messy - you can see all the HTML.

>Do you have a problem with OL98 or with Outlook Express? Maybe it's
>the client that has the problem. I don't think that OL97 handled
>MIME/HTML messages.

I think I need to qulify that statement with "before version 8.03".

Can Exchange not deal with multi-part messages in MIME format?

Post by Gavin Connaughto » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I couldn't get Outlook 98 to run properly on my machine. After opening a
couple of messages it would just hang. I have had to uninstall it and go
back to Outlook 97. Can anyone confirm that Outlook 98 does solve the MIME
problem?

Thanks,

Gavin

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>I couldn't get Outlook 98 to run properly on my machine. After opening a
>couple of messages it would just hang. I have had to uninstall it and go
>back to Outlook 97. Can anyone confirm that Outlook 98 does solve the MIME
>problem?

Well, I'm able to read HTML mail messages from anyone that sends one.
So I suppose you could say that it works for me!

Is your OL97 version 8.03 or is it something earlier? If it's earlier,
try 8.03 and see if it works.

Post by Dieter Ja » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Well, I'm able to read HTML mail messages from anyone that sends one.
>So I suppose you could say that it works for me!

>Is your OL97 version 8.03 or is it something earlier? If it's earlier,
>try 8.03 and see if it works.

>Richard Matheisen                           Wang Laboratories
>Microsoft Certified System Engineer         Tewksbury, MA USA

Hi, sorry to jump in like this, I couldn't help it...
My Outlook is ver.8.02.4212 I got installed from Office 97 Pro.
How can I get / upgrade to 8.03 ?

Thanx.
Dieter Jay

Can Exchange not deal with multi-part messages in MIME format?

Post by Rich Matheis » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hi, sorry to jump in like this, I couldn't help it...
>My Outlook is ver.8.02.4212 I got installed from Office 97 Pro.
>How can I get / upgrade to 8.03 ?

I got mine with Exchange 5.5.

Post by KoKo » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Hi, sorry to jump in like this, I couldn't help it...
>My Outlook is ver.8.02.4212 I got installed from Office 97 Pro.
>How can I get / upgrade to 8.03 ?

>Thanx.
>Dieter Jay

8.03 is on a seperate CD of Microsoft Select
8.04 is part of Office SR-2

Andy