Oulook 98 / Exchange and viewing others calendar

Oulook 98 / Exchange and viewing others calendar

Post by bub.. » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,

  I seem to have a problem with Outlook 98 when someone tries to view
another persons calendar. (This problem only happens on one
workstation/user). All other workstations/users works properly. (i.e.
viewing others calendars)

  When the user enters info in his calendar, and when another user, who
has access to that persons calendar, they can't view any appointments or
titles. If they click on a time, thinking it is open, they, user who is
viewing the others calendar, gets a message stating that there is a
conflict in the persons calendar.

 Basically, Outlook sees that there is an appointment, but the user
can't view the titles, the calendar is simply blank on the person who is
viewing the other persons calendar.

  I changed the settings to allow the user full access to the other
persons calendar, still no go...

  Any ideas?

John

Oulook 98 / Exchange and viewing others calendar

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi there,

>   I seem to have a problem with Outlook 98 when someone tries to view
> another persons calendar. (This problem only happens on one
> workstation/user). All other workstations/users works properly. (i.e.
> viewing others calendars)

>   When the user enters info in his calendar, and when another user, who
> has access to that persons calendar, they can't view any appointments or
> titles. If they click on a time, thinking it is open, they, user who is
> viewing the others calendar, gets a message stating that there is a
> conflict in the persons calendar.

>  Basically, Outlook sees that there is an appointment, but the user
> can't view the titles, the calendar is simply blank on the person who is
> viewing the other persons calendar.

>   I changed the settings to allow the user full access to the other
> persons calendar, still no go...

    Is this person marking those appointments as Private?  Doing so will
prevent anybody from seeing them, unless they log on directly to that
mailbox....

Oulook 98 / Exchange and viewing others calendar

Post by bub.. » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

How do you change it from private to something else? (Where do I find
that entry?)

John
================================

> > Hi there,

> >   I seem to have a problem with Outlook 98 when someone tries to view
> > another persons calendar. (This problem only happens on one
> > workstation/user). All other workstations/users works properly. (i.e.
> > viewing others calendars)

> >   When the user enters info in his calendar, and when another user, who
> > has access to that persons calendar, they can't view any appointments or
> > titles. If they click on a time, thinking it is open, they, user who is
> > viewing the others calendar, gets a message stating that there is a
> > conflict in the persons calendar.

> >  Basically, Outlook sees that there is an appointment, but the user
> > can't view the titles, the calendar is simply blank on the person who is
> > viewing the other persons calendar.

> >   I changed the settings to allow the user full access to the other
> > persons calendar, still no go...

>     Is this person marking those appointments as Private?  Doing so will
> prevent anybody from seeing them, unless they log on directly to that
> mailbox....

Oulook 98 / Exchange and viewing others calendar

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

    Look in the bottom right-hand corner of the appointment window.  There
is a checkbox next to the word "Private".  Check it, it's a private
appointment.  Uncheck it, it's a public appointment.

> How do you change it from private to something else? (Where do I find
> that entry?)

> John
> ================================

> > > Hi there,

> > >   I seem to have a problem with Outlook 98 when someone tries to view
> > > another persons calendar. (This problem only happens on one
> > > workstation/user). All other workstations/users works properly. (i.e.
> > > viewing others calendars)

> > >   When the user enters info in his calendar, and when another user,
who
> > > has access to that persons calendar, they can't view any appointments
or
> > > titles. If they click on a time, thinking it is open, they, user who
is
> > > viewing the others calendar, gets a message stating that there is a
> > > conflict in the persons calendar.

> > >  Basically, Outlook sees that there is an appointment, but the user
> > > can't view the titles, the calendar is simply blank on the person who
is
> > > viewing the other persons calendar.

> > >   I changed the settings to allow the user full access to the other
> > > persons calendar, still no go...

> >     Is this person marking those appointments as Private?  Doing so will
> > prevent anybody from seeing them, unless they log on directly to that
> > mailbox....

1. Outlook 98 / Exchange and viewing others calendars

[...]

2. Exchange 5.0 did not reach recipient

3. Cannot save Attachment from OWA

4. Calendar: Problems viewing others calendars

5. New mail notification

6. Error in Exchange Admin after installing Oulook 98

7. EXMERGE !!!

8. How do I show Mulible Calendars in one View in Outlook 97/98

9. Outlook 98 able to view Mac Outlook calendars?

10. View Others calendar from 5.5 to 2000

11. Publish Calendar for Others to View

12. Problems viewing others calendar