Address Book: Contacts versus Personal Address Book

Address Book: Contacts versus Personal Address Book

Post by Amiri Jon » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I used to use the Personal Address Book with the Exchange client to add
> personal addresses to my mail software. Now that my organization has
> switched to Outlook 98, Contacts looked like a better option. I particularly
> like the feature that allows you to access the Contacts information
> remotely. HERE IS MY PROBLEM: when I am creating a message and I click the
> "To" button and choose Contact, the names are sorted by first name. I want
> them sorted by last name. Even if I set the contacts up so they are filed as
> last name, first name in the Contacts area, they still get soted by first
> name when I choose recipients for a message. My only fix is to input the
> names as last name first name in the Contacts area and modify the "files as"
> so that they are filed as last name, first name. I don't think this is the
> way that Microsoft intended people to use this feature. I am just curious if
> anyone else has run into this problem and if Microsoft has plans to fix this
> bug (as I see it).

        Install SP2 for Office 97.  Open the properties of the OAB after
installing.  You'll have an option to display First Name Last Name, or
using File As name (which is usually Last Name, First Name).

Address Book: Contacts versus Personal Address Book

Post by Sky » Sun, 18 Apr 1999 04:00:00

use your field picker:  there are all the fields.  Drag and drop up two
alternate fields:  first name and last name.  then you can drag out the full
name.  Close your field picker.

Field picker might be called field chooser.

Anyway, now you can sort on First or Last.